Author Topic: Deciding What Headphones I should Get  (Read 821 times)

I'm thinking about getting the Teac CT-H02-B CT-H02 Multi-Use Studio Grade Headphone or the Maxell AMPlified Headphones. If you want to go ahead and recommend a good pair of cheap headphones that would be cool as well :T
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:55:45 PM by Benjamin Lopez »

you could get some PortaPros and look like a spaceman but when you fold them away you look like a ninja so you can be a ninja spaceman

Get these. Seriously, one of the best pairs of inexpensive headphones out there.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

Relevant. Same as what ^^^he^^^ posted, more info.

Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over Ear Pro Headphones

Weird name, sure, but they're what I'm wearing now, and they are great. Basically $60 headphones that sound like (non-Beats) $100+ headphones for $24. Best pair I've ever owned. You know they're doing something right when they can get 866 reviews and 4.5 stars.

Pretty comfortable, durable, replaceable wire (very handy), two wires included. The thin "mobile" wire didn't last me long, as I'm pretty rough with cords, but the thicker one is pretty durable. The sound quality is great. They blew a pair of $100+ Monster Products headphones out of the water, and (from what I could tell) sounded almost as good as a pair of Etymotics. I tested all three against each other personally. Highs are crisp, mids are good, and the bass is actually audible instead of just making your head vibrate.

Also, a nice feature of them is that they are loud enough to use as speakers in a fairly quiet setting. :P

dont buy brandless chink stuff

get portapros or save your money until you can buy a worthwhile pair

dont buy brandless chink stuff

Wow. Does brand name really mean that much to you? If so, that's pretty sad.

Also, Monoprice is pretty popular. Just because you haven't heard of if doesn't make it brandless.

i dont use brands as a symbol for status. i use them as a symbol for quality. if he wants cheap stuff he should go to the dollar store and buy a headset before it breaks after 2 days.

i dont use brands as a symbol for status. i use them as a symbol for quality. if he wants cheap stuff he should go to the dollar store and buy a headset before it breaks after 2 days.

Wow. Did you know that I've had these same headphones for a while now and they're great? Did you know that it has almost 1000 reviews on that page, and a rating of 4 and 1/2 stars? Did you know that brand loyalty and skewed advertising are what we call marketing tools? I'm not saying what you're suggesting aren't good, but I am suggesting that it is possible to buy high quality for a low price. Unless you enjoy spending money unnecessarily.

Wow. Did you know that I've had these same headphones for a while now and they're great? Did you know that it has almost 1000 reviews on that page, and a rating of 4 and 1/2 stars? Did you know that brand loyalty and skewed advertising are what we call marketing tools? I'm not saying what you're suggesting aren't good, but I am suggesting that it is possible to buy high quality for a low price. Unless you enjoy spending money unnecessarily.
So if you went to the store and saw a shady brand that looked cheap and was made to be similar to a normal brand, you would buy it anyways because you don't know quality by just looking at them.

Also, Monoprice is pretty popular. Just because you haven't heard of if doesn't make it brandless.
I've never even heard of that brand. Would you rather buy from a brand that's had quality for years or some new company you hear nothing about.

So if you went to the store and saw a shady brand that looked cheap and was made to be similar to a normal brand, you would buy it anyways because you don't know quality by just looking at them. I've never even heard of that brand. Would you rather buy from a brand that's had quality for years or some new company you hear nothing about.
No, I never said I'd do that. I am simply saying it's completely and UTTERLY stupid to rate something based on the branding. I'd still do my research of course - just like I'd do for all of my purchases.

Also, I hope you realize - it's not a new company. And once you do the reasearch, you will no longer "not know anything about them".

I'd rather buy what has the best value. Note that best value doesn't mean cheapest price. It just means the best you can get for the money you're looking to spend. If you can find the same (or better) quality for a lower price, then go for it. Seriously, people, think rationally before spending your money.

I reccomend turtlebeach P11 Its a cheap one. But the cables are long as forget

I'd rather buy what has the best value. Note that best value doesn't mean cheapest price. It just means the best you can get for the money you're looking to spend.

Koss has lifetime warranty :D

WHAT, PORTAPROS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

I reccomend turtlebeach P11 Its a cheap one. But the cables are long as forget
yeah for your xxgayming experience.

Seriously, people, think rationally before spending your money.
yes think rationally by buying headsets that will break in a few days

Thanks for the people who actually suggested headphones and just didn't argue over brands >_>
I might settle with the Monoprice headphones or TurtleBeach 11 though I'm kinda leaning to the Porta Pro On-Ear Headphones.