Chores?

Author Topic: Chores?  (Read 1143 times)

How much work do you and your siblings normally do around the house?

My siblings and I; take care of our laundry (take the hamper down to the basement and sort it, wash our clothes, dry them, and put them away), we take care of the sheets on our bed, vacuuming (most of the time, sometimes one of my parents does it), mowing and trimming the lawn, cleaning the bathrooms, occasionally cooking meals, always cleaning up after dinner (it's supposed to be a job just for the kids, but my dad often starts doing the work and we have to tell him to stop, lol), and cleaning up after lunch. These are the things that we are expected to do, and often we'll get asked to do other odd jobs, mainly on Saturday when my dad is home most of the time.

Also, do you get an allowance for the chores you do? We don't.

we take care of the sheets on our bed, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, occasionally cooking meals, always cleaning up after dinner and cleaning up after lunch.
This, babysitting sisters when needed, feeding dogs, cleaning the kitchen table and counters, sweeping the kitchen floor, and lately I have been loading and unloading the dishwasher. I live in a house of 8 people and no, I don't get an allowance (never have and never will  :cookieMonster:)

This, babysitting sisters when needed, feeding dogs, cleaning the kitchen table and counters, sweeping the kitchen floor, and lately I have been loading and unloading the dishwasher. I live in a house of 8 people and no, I don't get an allowance (never have and never will  :cookieMonster:)
Yah, sometimes we unload the dishwasher, and when I we sweep the dining room floor and wipe down the table, stove, and such after dinner.

i do trash, lawn, and dishes if i have to

all I do is empty the dishwasher.

Get 20 dollars every 2 weeks for doing it too.

all I do is empty the dishwasher.

Get 20 dollars every 2 weeks for doing it too.
Whoa.

I pick up the poo and take the trash out every other day yes.

Oh yeah forgot trash but sometimes my dad will do it

Don't live with my parents so if you want something done you have to do it yourself.

Oh yeah forgot trash but sometimes my dad will do it
Yah, we take care of recycling and trash as well.

I care for and tend a large garden at my home. I grow food to give back in a sense

sounds pretty third world huh?

I care for and tend a large garden at my home. I grow food to give back in a sense

sounds pretty third world huh?
Nah, my mom has a small garden in the back that she grows food in, and a neighbor at the end of the street has a large garden on their empty lot. It's pretty big, and they always grow a bunch of stuff in it, and they share it with us (and other neighbors too), which is pretty cool.
Clean the house
That's kinda vague.

If something needs cleaning in the house I clean it.

Been unloading the dishwasher for half my life
Loading dishes
Assorted cleaning (basement sweeping/mopping)
Counters
Cleaning up supper
Vacuuming (shared with mom)
Mowing the fenced-in backyard
Scooping dog business
Anything my mom can't get to if she's busy elsewhere