1 (7.7%)
Yes
1 (7.7%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Never heard of it
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Broforce Megathread  (Read 1601 times)

Broforce is THE BEST 2D side scrolling shooter I have ever played in my entire life!

BROFORCE

Description

Broforce is a side-scrolling run and gun platform video game developed by Free Lives Games, released initially in 2012. The game was first released as a jam game on April 2012 and later raised in development and popular among public. A demo of the full game called Broforce Brototype was released on October 2012 and has been updated since July 2013. A release date has not been announced but developers plan to release the full game sometime in 2014.

Free Lives Games
Free Lives is the company of the creators of Broforce, and many other games. Free Lives released Broforce in 2013. Development began in April 2012 as a game jam entry and continued with developer and popular support. Free Lives Games, a South African indie game developer, submitted Rambros as an entry in the April 2012 23 It won first prize for "fun" and received enough positive feedback to continue as a team project. The developers thought to add a coop mode with another character, Brommando, which then became the core game concept of collecting "bros" with a "violent action movie feel".
Description

The player-character is a bro, a hypermasculine action-hero-style commando, who fights terrorists and rescues his bro teammates and prisoners of war from captivity. The levels end when the player defeats a foreign devil boss, hoists an american flag, and leaves via helicopter while the scenery explodes. The bro character names parody those of fictional action heroes such as Die Hard’s John McClane, Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Alien's Ellen Ripley, and Terminator's Sarah Conner by adding the word "bro" (e.g., Rambro, the Brominator). The Broforce team is under direction from "Nelson Brodela".
The Bros

Rambro (AKA Rambo)
Brommando (AKA John Matrix, or Arnold Schwarzenegger)
B.A Broracus (AKA Mr. T from The A-Team)
Brodell Walker (AKA Chuck Norris from Walker Texas Ranger)
Bro Hard (AKA Bruce Willis from Die Hard
MacBrover (AKA Angus MacGyver)
Brade (AKA Blade)
Bro Dredd (AKA Judge Dredd)
Bro in Black (AKA Agent J, Will Smith)
Snake Broskin (AKA Snake Plissken)
The Brominator (AKA The Terminator)
Brobocop (AKA Robocop)
Indiana Brones (AKA Indiana Jones)
Ash Brolliams (AKA Ash Williams)
Mr. Anderbro (AKA Neo from The Matrix)
The Boondock Bros (AKA The Boondock Saints)
Brochete (AKA Machete)
Bronan the Brobarian (AKA Conan the Barbarian)
Ellen Ripbro (AKA Ellen Ripley from Alien)
And there will be more in the upcoming updates!
I believe the most upcoming update will be Alien Earth! I can't wait to see it!

PM me if you can't see the picture up there please.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:23:15 PM by Mr_Minecraft »

I'm not going to PM you because you put the website in IMG tags.

PUNCH TERRORISM RIGHT IN THE GENITALS

the beef I have with broforce is that it's so easy

the basic enemies die after 1 shot and they're not challenging at all, especially with the incredibly OP playable characters. the only thing that is actually hard in this game are the bosses, and they can be easy to beat if you're good at the game.

imo the game's pretty boring.

the basic enemies die after 1 shot and they're not challenging at all, especially with the incredibly OP playable characters. the only thing that is actually hard in this game are the bosses, and they can be easy to beat if you're good at the game.

Well, the characters are supposed to be OP, for the fun of it, blowing stuff up with like every character

I love it. Can't wait for the next update.

expected a PewDiePie club

Broforce is a pretty neat game. It has gone through a few changes here and there but I'd say it came out pretty fine. It's smart to have the characters alternate without being able to choose characters, as that makes it so then you do have to plan out a path for each character in a way, and it adds variety. it is kind of simple once you brute force (or rather, brote force-- hnn) it but its also fun to plan ahead. i found blade to be the best for brute forcing as he can glide through the stage, but i found the boondock brothers to be the funnest because of the ice climber kind of gameplay they present

i am curious how difficult it is with 4 people though, easy or hard?

If you are playing online multiplayer, then it's isn't that hard.

But trying local multiplayer...that's a different story.

the player-made challenges will usually kick your ass

I have played this.
And while i agree with the people saying the difficulty isn't that high, i also see that as a good thing sort of.
For one, i suck at it and have died more then i would like to admit.
And second of all, the game should give you the idea that you are much stronger as you are playing in a hero's character.
And yes, the bosses are harder then the rest, much harder in some cases (i am looking at you big helicopter at a skyscraper-like building...).

But i loved it.
Solo is much harder then with friends, but it is fun with friends nevertheless.
I am impatiently awaiting the next batch of content. :)

I find it Broforce harder and much more amusing in local multiplayer.

It's all about who gets to the chopper first.

BROFORCE
[img ]http://www.broforcegame.com[/img]
Please tell me you weren't actually trying to link to an image.

[center][img]http://www.broforcegame.com[/img][/center]
U WOT M8