Author Topic: Brick Tessellation  (Read 17182 times)

Keep in mind that the last topics jasa posted here, about technical stuff like shaders, were fake.

wow it looks really gross without anti-aliasing. it's pretty sad that we don't even have an anti-aliasing option built in. "modern graphics" is more than just a couple filters badspot, might wanna get on that.

why are some studs 3d and others arent (in the same picture)?

why are some studs 3d and others arent (in the same picture)?
Because it is fake...

Keep in mind that the last topics jasa posted here, about technical stuff like shaders, were fake.
Because it is fake...
Uh oh. Looks like I've been found out. 10/10 detective work. This evidence you're posting is amazing.

It just seems a little sketchy as you haven't posted any specifics about the mod, have stayed very vague about a release, and haven't responded to any questions about the technical side of things (unless you did it on pm i wouldn't know lol)
Anyway, it looks really good. If this is real, please release! :)

Not a fan of the sides; just makes them look beveled and not like bricks - but the studs are awesome.

Why doesn't it work on the ramps?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:42:05 PM by Brickitect »

Why doesn't it work on the ramps?
This mod is still a WIP.

How do they behave with shadows and shaders? I'm not familiar with how dynamic(?) normal maps are. Do they have shadows, do they have that "plastic shine?"

can you show us like a video clip of what it looks like normally and not all prettied up in screenshots

Uh oh. Looks like I've been found out. 10/10 detective work. This evidence you're posting is amazing.
Are you trying to deny that topic where you claimed to have added support for more lights?

Also, you didn't post any evidence either. You might aswell have written a program that takes a simple brick blb and writes out one with bevels. As another hint, notice how the blockhead in the one image has a shadow on the house but not on the ground. What's up with that?

Are you trying to deny that topic where you claimed to have added support for more lights?

Also, you didn't post any evidence either. You might aswell have written a program that takes a simple brick blb and writes out one with bevels. As another hint, notice how the blockhead in the one image has a shadow on the house but not on the ground. What's up with that?
The blockhead in that screenshot actually does have a shadow but it's hard to see as 1) The sun's elevation is really low which makes the shadows on the ground bricks less noticable as the shadow is less direct and 2) The light in the building shines through making it lighter.
This is a stand-alone add-on. If you don't believe me, go ahead, don't believe me.
can you show us like a video clip of what it looks like normally and not all prettied up in screenshots
Once it's finished.

Why is the grass so blurry and without studs?

This is by design. If the surface area of the top of a brick is too large it uses the plain old top texture.

Because ground fxPlane