The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!

Poll

Would you guys like musics from other games or so to be included on some tracks instead of everything being composed for the gamemode?

Yes, have some tracks with musics from other games and other tracks with composed music
11 (61.1%)
No, compose everything
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!  (Read 113709 times)

Track 3: This track will be the shortest out of them all and will be in a military field. Vehicle is a Supertank.  
Just a note though the tank will only be used for arena stages, not for race tracks, but I guess you can make a track yourself with the tanks so there could be some sort of death race going on, also

You will be able to choose different kart bodies with the garage mod!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:31:04 PM by Filipe »

You will be able to choose different kart bodies with the garage mod!
woah awesome!

I have some suggestions for the garage GUI:
  • have the color display square change color as you drag the adjuster - right now it only changes color after you've let go of the adjuster
  • have a keybind to open it
  • press escape to close it
  • when opening garage while in a vehicle, make it open with the type of vehicle you're in already selected
  • fix issue where it sends 2 warning messages in chat instead of 1 when you try to edit a vehicle that you're not in, or is someone else's vehicle
  • fix issue where it starts to lag if you rapidly click one of the vehicle options - actually it lags a little when you click some of them once - maybe this is unavoidable idk
  • replace question marks with images or blanks (I'm not sure why the Bolt has an image but the others don't - I downloaded textures on the server I was at too):
  • I don't know what S and RS mean in the picture above on the far right options. maybe I'm just not a car person, but perhaps those could be spelled out instead of abbreviated, if it's an abbreviation
  • have it highlight the options you're on, like this:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:11:55 PM by Farad »

Here is a preview of how the suspension of the SuperKart works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqByvRSqIns
If someone remakes the Sonic & All-Stars racing transformed tracks in Blockland, I will love them forever.

I like where this is going.

will there be support for tracks that don't loop? think of wario mountian from mario kart 8 - it's just a super long track with the laps being thirds of the track

will there be support for tracks that don't loop? think of wario mountian from mario kart 8 - it's just a super long track with the laps being thirds of the track
NO.

but CVS doesn't work for bricks that aren't yours so how would prerace customization go?

but CVS doesn't work for bricks that aren't yours so how would prerace customization go?
Deleting few lines from the code shouldn't be that hard really
I'm pretty sure that the trust check is on the server side so

EDIT
: Assuming that everybody will get their small garage type of thing and wouldn't be able to access other player's spawns, it should be fine, and then just fully disable the /garage once you got out of the spawn garage thingy/race starts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:29:48 AM by TheTurtorn »

It might work if I don't save the brick ownership from a track

I can't give an answer for that yet

So, Ive been working on a track of my own. The theme is an old mining operation that woke up volcanoes on the island.
There's gonna be abandoned facilities, lava flows, caves and plenty of secrets/shortcuts.

Its maybe 50% done at this point.
Got some terraining to do. Gotta build up the mountains.

Oh damn I love those holes on the top of the cave, I'd suggest to add a darker color for the walls of the cave so it will stand out more, or atleast some lights
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:10:52 PM by Filipe »

So, Ive been working on a track of my own. The theme is an old mining operation that woke up volcanoes on the island.
There's gonna be abandoned facilities, lava flows, caves and plenty of secrets/shortcuts.
-snip-
Its maybe 50% done at this point.
Got some terraining to do. Gotta build up the mountains.
will be a great track wow!

Introducing the so requested tractor kart body!

Introducing the so requested tractor kart body!

John Deere Racing Team!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:55:51 PM by newspeed12 »

Please don't quote all the pictures again, replace them with -snip-...