The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!

Poll

Would you guys like musics from other games or so to be included on some tracks instead of everything being composed for the gamemode?

Yes, have some tracks with musics from other games and other tracks with composed music
11 (61.1%)
No, compose everything
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!  (Read 113705 times)

Now I know it's inspired by mod nation racers (ill add pick for comparison when I'm off mobile)

Well that game have a great collection of kart bodies that fits perfectly for this

Superkart formula might be my new favorite kart :]

ive decided im gonna make 3 different tracks for this (the 4th is a maybe). whether you decide to make them default when they are done is up to you.

Tracks:
Coastal Raceway or Switchback Coast ( a sprint race based off the California track from Grid 2)
Hyper Raceway ( A stadium track built for the hoverkart)
Aquatica or Hydrodome (a track for the jetski based off of tsunami bowl from hydro thunder hurricane)
Desktop Racers (a track designed to make you feel tiny)

also will the non superkart erm karts have customization i.e. a biplane variant of the superplane?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:58:43 PM by newspeed12 »

being on an empty server building all the time gets old after a while :c
I need someone who is experienced with building tracks

Am i the only one who thinks the formula car in Speedkart looked like ass? Real life formulas are outstretched and long and look a stuffload less like a conventional vehicle, and attempts to cram those aspects into a short and toony go-kart usually end up looking off-putting.

Don't get me wrong, the SuperKart formula car is a great improvement (mostly because it actually looks like a formula), but it's still not a thing I'd use.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:04:18 PM by Cybertails1998 »

Am i the only one who thinks the formula car in Speedkart looked like ass? Real life formulas are outstretched and long and look a stuffload less like a conventional vehicle, and attempts to cram those aspects into a short and toony go-kart usually end up looking off-putting.

Don't get me wrong, the SuperKart formula car is a great improvement (mostly because it actually looks like a formula), but it's still not a thing I'd use.
Well if I make it longer it will look out of place compared to the other karts so

Not saying to copy it.

But you could lower it like that...

Not saying to copy it.
[im]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/6c/CircuitSpecialBodyMK8.png[/img]
But you could lower it like that...
sorry, I don't understand. do you mean the part around the seat? if you mean lowering the whole body, it's already pretty low.

sorry, I don't understand. do you mean the part around the seat? if you mean lowering the whole body, it's already pretty low.
Like squishing the front and back part a bit.

yes the aero kart was done sorta!

Any thoughts on some kind of super motorcycle? SuperCycle? SuperBike?

this
and are you going to make variants on the other types? (Jets, boats, hover, etc)

I think motorcycles should sit out on this, unless someone finds a way to make a proper motorcycle instead of having an invisible third wheel then I will change my opinion.

I think motorcycles should sit out on this, unless someone finds a way to make a proper motorcycle instead of having an invisible third wheel then I will change my opinion.
This