Poll

Would you guys like musics from other games or so to be included on some tracks instead of everything being composed for the gamemode?

Yes, have some tracks with musics from other games and other tracks with composed music
11 (61.1%)
No, compose everything
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode Development Topic - It's Released!  (Read 114430 times)

Compared to superkarts, it seems like the ATV's have stiffer suspension and thus harder landings and more bounciness/traction loss/speed loss when hitting the start of ramps. This is why I prefer the superkarts. Anyone agree, or just me?

I noticed that too.

Maybe I can get a jetski track finished this weekend- I'm starting the dev server now.

Also, Alphadin plans to fix any script errors this weekend. I feel like we're getting closer than ever to finalizing the gamemode.

We're working on a way for players that are falling behind to catch up and experience more action. Alphadin is making a sophisticated solution that should surprise everyone, while I create probably the simplest thing you can imagine- a boost with a cooldown for anyone not in the lead! amazing right!

edit: alphadin alphadin alphadin
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:56:57 AM by Farad »

Rumors have it, if you say Alphadin in a post 3 times in a row, he'll actually do what people say he'll do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:56:41 AM by Alphadin »

I'm going to host starting in an hour or two with crazy boosts, custom sounds and slightly updated tracks. You better be there!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:02:06 PM by Farad »

The server is up with the new boosts! Download sounds to hear them. The purpose of the boosts is to prevent people from falling too far behind, so you can now catch up even after a crash. There is one problem I haven't fixed yet though- if you use a boost while going off a ramp, you might go so high that you fly over and miss a checkpoint. Currently, the only way to know that you missed a checkpoint is to recognize that your checkpoint notifications stop appearing even when you pass through checkpoints. An alert for this will probably be added later. The boosts will not be part of the gamemode, and they will be removed from the server tomorrow.

I have class starting tuesday (8am to 10:30am every day), and an internship after that every day, so I will be less active for several months.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:23:36 AM by Farad »

the hazards don't feel very hazardous to me when you respawn instead of die, and I miss ctrl-k'ing my kart -- it was fun and comical
if hazards killed people I think rounds would go by faster and there wouldn't be so much of just one player in the lead

but 15 rounds of the same track is monotonous, especially on tracks that take a while to win because it's hard not to run into other people (or the track is just long)

the hazards don't feel very hazardous to me when you respawn instead of die, and I miss ctrl-k'ing my kart -- it was fun and comical
if hazards killed people I think rounds would go by faster and there wouldn't be so much of just one player in the lead

but 15 rounds of the same track is monotonous, especially on tracks that take a while to win because it's hard not to run into other people (or the track is just long)

I'm pretty sure we can change the amount of rounds on the final gamemode.

Finally went on the beta testing server, and MAN I love how this gamemode is being assembled! Keep up the fantastic work team!

If I get time, I will add some updates to the server tonight to fix the problem of having checkpoints too low and not knowing when you've missed them.
Also, we might have a superhover track soon!
This might be a bad time to begin a project (with a school class starting), but I think I could script a few power-ups, even if they aren't used in the gamemode.

*chants* Superbike! Superbike! Superbike!

*chants* Superbike! Superbike! Superbike!
I think time would be better spent finishing the music system, sounds, or adding power-ups.  I want to know though, if you had to pick one, would you choose to have power-ups or superbikes added? By power-ups, I mean pickup boxes with boosts, forward-launching projectiles, and banana-type things that don't actually look like bananas.

I think time would be better spent finishing the music system, sounds, or adding power-ups.  I want to know though, if you had to pick one, would you choose to have power-ups or superbikes added? By power-ups, I mean pickup boxes with boosts, forward-launching projectiles, and banana-type things that don't actually look like bananas.

Why not SuperBikes post-release?

Why not SuperBikes post-release?
I don't have the mental capacity to think as far as post-release.
I'm not sure if Filipe has anything planned after release.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:18:50 PM by Farad »