Author Topic: Help eventing capture points  (Read 3464 times)

Ok, so I can't seem to find a working siege gamemode for slayer, so I figured I could event part of it. What I want is this: When the first 5 capture points are taken by team 1, (the attackers) the final point because visible and capturable. However, as soon team 2 (the defenders) takes back one of the first 5 points, the final point disappears and is no longer capturable. How can I event this?

You could VCE each capture point to increase variable Capture.
Somewhat like this (correct me if I'm wrong someone):
onCPCapture(Team1) --> Self --> VCEModVariable --> [Capture] [Add] [1]
onCPCapture --> Self --> VCECheckVariable? --> [var:something:capture] == [5] [Event Numbers]
onVariableTrue --> <NAMED BRICK> --> disappear -->

onVariableFalse --> <NAMED BRICK> --> disappear --> [-1]

I'm not on Blockland right now so I cannot guarentee the "Self" part on line 1 would work. Once again correct me if I made any errors in the set up of VCE, still pretty new to it.

Wait... if it was a siege, wouldn't previous capture points be locked as you go on and capture the next one?

Thanks Blake, I'll give that a try.
Wait... if it was a siege, wouldn't previous capture points be locked as you go on and capture the next one?
Well, it's kinda like a siege, not exactly. It's not entirely a linear progression.

alright, so it sorta worked.

So yah, when team 1 captured the first point, "finalpoint" appears, and if you capture more than that, it disappears?

You did <= instead of ==. Try == and tell me the results.

I actually originally had ==, but I changed it to that when it wasn't working. It behaved the same way.

iirc there's slayer events like onTeam#Cap or something, without VCE

iirc there's slayer events like onTeam#Cap or something, without VCE
i don't have those, is it a seperate add on?

i don't have those, is it a seperate add on?

No, Seth is just thinking of the onCPCapture events that you're already using. Also, you can use the setControlLocked event to prevent a CP from being captured.

No, Seth is just thinking of the onCPCapture events that you're already using. Also, you can use the setControlLocked event to prevent a CP from being captured.
Oh, ok. Thanks, that solves one minor issue I was having...

anyway, anyone know why it appears after 1 point has been captured (and disappears after more)? It should appear after 5, right?

You're doing VCE_ifVariable on the brick, even though it's a minigame variable. Do VCE_ifValue, <var:mg:capture>

Hm, ok. I'll give that a try!