Author Topic: Renderman V. Survivors  (Read 1257 times)

Hey there! This is the topic of the minigame I created called Renderman V. Survivors. It's just a simple Slayer TDM. The Renderman being 1 player on a team, and the rest of the players being the survivors. The teams shuffle every round, so a different player is the Renderman eash time. This is just a MINIGAME. It isn't a separate gamemode in itself.

There is a max of 12 players on the server at a time. I'm using the H&K weapon pack. I really thought the idea of randomized loadouts for the survivors would be a nice touch. But, since I have NO idea how to do that stuff, I just created 11 individual spawnpoints, each giving the player a different loadout. Now, knowing this, it does cause SOME issues. Minor issues though, such as players being able to drop their current weaponset and replace it with another. Bugs like those have easy fixes though. Which is what I intend to do here.

The "Renderman" on the other hand, is equipped with the default Sword, body armor, a recurve bow, and throwing knives. He is also the Standard Playertype (with jets and stuff), and he's got 2 lives. There is also a time limit of 5 minutes. This prevents the rounds from lasting 10 minutes and forces the Renderman to attack.

The current map being used is Alexander's Cabin.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=257777.0

I'll most likely create more maps myself, but this map is sufficient for the time being. The survivors spawn randomly throughout the Cabin, and the Renderman spawns in a mineshaft across the lake from the Cabin (hence the reason I used jet playertype for the Renderman).

Now, I created this topic for the sole purpose of improving the gaming experience for this minigame. That being said,  I already have a small list of things that need fixing, and I would love it for you guys to help me, by providing suggestions, and leaving your opinions on the minigame. Constructive Criticism is appreciated!

List of important things to fix/add

1. Prevent players from dropping items. (Is there a mod for that out there? If there is, a link/name of the mod would be greatly appreciated!)

2. Replace Recurve bow with an insta-kill type melee weapon? (People who play as the Renderman have a nasty habbit of camping outside, trying to snipe people with the explosive-feature on the bow. Removing it forces the renderman to be more aggressive.)

3. Obtain Invisibility watch. (The link to the Invisibility watch that I found didn't have a working link, if someone could provide that for me that would be great.)

4. Make new maps. (Alexander's Cabin is great and all, but there are too many area where the players can camp in rooms and easily take out the Renderman. I'm open to suggestions on maps also.)

5. Find a replacement playertype for Renderman? (Standard Playertype was the best option when I first created this minigame, but I don't know if there are any alternatives).

I would have posted pictures. . . but there really isn't anything to show. The entire map is Alexander's cabin. The environment settings are set to black fog. (If you request screenshots of the map, then I'm more than happy to provide some.)

They cant camp with the explosive feature on the Recurve it only works if they shoot it at a wall or door the players I standing right next too.

we need a ladder to climb in the render's spawn if their AFK

we need a ladder to climb in the render's spawn if their AFK
I check every round to see if the render is afk but we will be adding a AFK Kicker to the server so that does not happen.

What if camping?
Then have the guy who has the bolt sniper shoot him or dont go outside and make him come to you