Author Topic: Kalphiter's latest and stupidest rant  (Read 33953 times)

what the forget was i only banned for a minute or something? i can still post.
What did your ban message say

I agree with him to a certain extent. Blockland is not Eric's main attention. Blockland was really a fun little project for him.

what the forget was i only banned for a minute or something? i can still post.
it probably took a bit to hit in.

I actually agree with a considerable portion of what kalph said

my personal theory is that the shaders update was just to make the game "presentable" so people would buy it once it was put on steam

I can't see any other reason to completely remove such a huge portion of the game, because regardless of how stufftily it was implemented and what problems it caused it was one of the things that made blockland fun and it was not a worthwhile sacrifice for half-assed visual enhancements

my personal theory is that the shaders update was just to make the game "presentable" so people would buy it once it was put on steam
The game also went onto Steam Greenlight immediately after v22. Sounds suspicious.

the S&S topic was released before greenlight was announced

The game also went onto Steam Greenlight immediately after v22. Sounds suspicious.
dont you mean v21?

how is that suspicious. shaders is a graphical update to help the already old game age better.
of course it would have been added before steam. thats a new market with pc gamers who many can judge a game based on what they have played before.

its cute you guys thought the future of blockland, was the word of mouth of all the 12 year old, first time pc gamers we have here though.

how is that suspicious.
Badspot could have implemented shaders just to get onto Steam.

Badspot could have implemented shaders just to get onto Steam.

and what would be the issue?

isnt that how most greenlight stuff works? polish your stuff up, sell it on steam.

and what would be the issue?

isnt that how most greenlight stuff works? polish your stuff up, sell it on steam.
ok it's one thing to polish up the game's graphics, it's another entirely to completely remove a massive feature of the game to do so, thereby deprecating hundreds if not THOUSANDS of Add-On content that made the game PLAY better

if badspot gave two stuffs about the game and its players he'd be working on making it play better to improve the individual gaming experience, instead he's making it look better at the expense of the players so he can sell as many copies as possible before everyone inevitably stops playing it for good

it would be one thing if badspot was actually working on new content to replace what was lost when terrains were removed, but as kalph pointed out, he hasn't done jack stuff and he probably has no intention of doing so

...What if Blockland launcher had a version selector. Kinda like having a computer with multiple OS on the HD.
Before launch you can select the version you wanna play it. Eg:

1. v21
2. v20
Input:

Obviously v.20 will be discontinued for updates. So it will require no maintenance from Badspot.
The server list will divide itself. So people who select v.20 will not be able to see v.21 servers, and people who select v.21 will not be able to see v.20 servers.

This way people can have best of both worlds. :D

ok it's one thing to polish up the game's graphics, it's another entirely to completely remove a massive feature of the game to do so, thereby deprecating hundreds if not THOUSANDS of Add-On content that made the game PLAY better

if badspot gave two stuffs about the game and its players he'd be working on making it play better to improve the individual gaming experience, instead he's making it look better at the expense of the players so he can sell as many copies as possible before everyone inevitably stops playing it for good

it would be one thing if badspot was actually working on new content to replace what was lost when terrains were removed, but as kalph pointed out, he hasn't done jack stuff and he probably has no intention of doing so
To be honest I could care less for maps. Most of them were basically made for people incapable of building. A lot of them weren't suited for building, seeing as how they had uneven surfaces or they were cluttered with prebuilt stuff. Bedroom and Kitchen were fine, but stuff like Liberty City and Tank Battlefield were terrible for building.

As for addons, most of them are guns that shoot bullets, lazers, or big boomy rockets. Bushidos weapon mod should suffice for general stuff as well as some of the other thematic weapon packs. However the only essential tools are Duplicator and Fillcan.

To be honest I could care less for maps. Most of them were basically made for people incapable of building. A lot of them weren't suited for building, seeing as how they had uneven surfaces or they were cluttered with prebuilt stuff. Bedroom and Kitchen were fine, but stuff like Liberty City and Tank Battlefield were terrible for building.

As for addons, most of them are guns that shoot bullets, lazers, or big boomy rockets. Bushidos weapon mod should suffice for general stuff as well as some of the other thematic weapon packs. However the only essential tools are Duplicator and Fillcan.
I would also like to add that 98% percent of the game is just deathmatch stuff, I'll stick to my building servers.