Which of these are you?

Brony
1 (8.3%)
Not decided
2 (16.7%)
Anti-Brony
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Profile Picture not uploading!  (Read 1161 times)

First off: I know people have asked this question a million times, but mine is different!
Second: I have no idea where the correct section is to put this, as the help section seems to only be help for the game, not the forums.

I know where to upload it, and that it should be 75x75 pixels, but that is just the problem. For some reason, even when I specifically change the size of the picture to 75x75 pixels using gimp, for some reason gimp only makes it 75x75 while gimp is open, and just lowers the resolution. When I save and exit, all I get is a lower resolution 494x492 picture. Its a gif, but gimp also deleted all the extra layers for some reason. Please help me!

use scale image instead

scale image to 75x75

image > fit canvas to image

export as gif

scale image
save as animation
???
profit

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/87/t1191994-gimp-tut-gif-animation-resizing/

maybe use 74x74 if it still doesn't upload

open the file in gimp
export > blablabla.gif

you have to resize it, export as gif, and check save as animation.
calm down yo

upload it to imgur and post it here if you still can't get it

Hey, does the file have to be a certain size? I don't mean in pixels, I mean in Bytes...or whatever they are called.

I just changed my profile picture to a different picture that I converted to a PNG, and it seemed to work. But when I set my profile picture to the gif I wanted, it doesn't even say an error message like it usually does.

upload it to imgur and post it here if you still can't get it
Ok! I put up the original not resized one, and the original one.

Resized:

Original: