i have a question about DJs

Author Topic: i have a question about DJs  (Read 907 times)

i know the title is a little ambiguous, but i have a question about DJ. so say im at a party and theres a hired DJ who has quite a bit of equipment with him. well if a requested that he play a song that he doesnt have saved on his whatever he uses. how would  he go about playing said song? would he buy it off the internet? or does the equipment he has have some kind of shared cloud database full of music? i know i couldnt be any more vague, but i really dont know much of how all that stuff works.

booth looks something like this

only a little more complex and has a laptop or two
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:03:27 PM by GhostStar »

Once I had a conversation with the owner of this skating center called "rollero" about a similar thing

I asked him to play a song he apparently didn't have and I asked if I could bring it in for him
He said the music he can play needs some sort of extra license in order to play it publicly or he could get fined

They probably have a library of top 40's and for the rest requested they would buy them

hmm, i know who the DJ (Not personally, it will take a little asking around to find him) is and i can only find the song for purchase for $1 on some random ass site ive never heard of before. ive heard that DJs dont like it when people make requests but if you think i ask him nicely and leave a paper with the URL on it hed buy the song and play it? he does the "most popular with the kids" genre, last time he did "what does the fox say" "wrecking ball" a few rap songs "Michele Jackson thriller" "thrift shop" "and that bad boys bad boys watchya gunna do, watchya gunna do when they come for you song, a few more pop songs, the hokipoki, the macerana song. the one i want to do is like a slow song with a dubstep drop.

They probably have a library of top 40's and for the rest requested they would buy them
I love how people actually pay someone extra to play the songs they're most likely to have heard already. Glorious.

I love how people actually pay someone extra to play the songs they're most likely to have heard already. Glorious.
what does that have to do with me

is your avatar lying to me

Most DJs will pirate music in real time to meet requests. This is illegal to do, and it's illegal to play music you are not licensed to, but really who's going to prosecute your average neighborhood DJ for playing a song he doesn't have the rights to play? Nobody, that's who.

what does that have to do with me
You said they mostly only had a top 40's collection.

Most DJs will pirate music in real time to meet requests. This is illegal to do, and it's illegal to play music you are not licensed to, but really who's going to prosecute your average neighborhood DJ for playing a song he doesn't have the rights to play? Nobody, that's who.
im pretty sure he is a cop. idk, he was didnt cary a gun  like the rest of the cops did, maybe he worked for the fire department. Its funny, he was our doc and our dj

im pretty sure he is a cop. idk, he was didnt cary a gun  like the rest of the cops did, maybe he worked for the fire department. Its funny, he was our doc and our dj
Cops do illegal things too. My best friend is a cop.

Cops do illegal things too. My best friend is a cop.
... not the cops I know.

I think for a lot of DJs I've heard of, you request the songs when you make the appointment.  He then brings all those plus the popular songs that everyone listens to nowadays.

That's funny actually.  My uncle was a radio DJ and now he's an undercover cop.  He uses his DJ name as his alias name lol

That's funny actually.  My uncle was a radio DJ and now he's an undercover cop.  He uses his DJ name as his alias name lol
'hello yes this is alpha tango 123101320 come in 420YoloSwagXxBeats'

'hello yes this is alpha tango 123101320 come in 420YoloSwagXxBeats'

I'm actually not supposed to spread it around so I can't share it, but it sounds just like a normal name.  It's his real first name and a fake last name.