Games that unexpectedly got scary

Author Topic: Games that unexpectedly got scary  (Read 4282 times)

The segment of Firewatch where you discover that weird government like tent with the radios and stuff, that part of the game legitimately got my heart pounding.

and then I beat it and realized the game did not at all live up to my expectations which was a shame.

THAT loving PIANO IN SUPER MARIO 64

The segment of Firewatch where you discover that weird government like tent with the radios and stuff, that part of the game legitimately got my heart pounding.

and then I beat it and realized the game did not at all live up to my expectations which was a shame.
dooood same here man, that game had a few spooky moments and it was just so disappointing

that one time i was playing a video game  and i almost died

The Library on legendary, halo:ce.

The Library on legendary, halo:ce.
mainly because checkpoints only trigger like 50% of the time so you might have to completely redo a floor because you died at the end of it.
flood were 90% bullstuff until halo 3 so that added to the stress. loving shotgun and rocket flood spam.

Metroid Fusion.

The SA-X is still terrifying to me to this day

mainly because checkpoints only trigger like 50% of the time so you might have to completely redo a floor because you died at the end of it.
flood were 90% bullstuff until halo 3 so that added to the stress. loving shotgun and rocket flood spam.

so much this

i deliberately made sure not to advance until every last flood forgeter was dead so that i was sure the checkpoints would save

all good until they didn't anyway

Got jumpscared by Rise of the Tomb Raider. Didn't expect that.

Not to mention the seemingly endless carrier spawn on certain floors, or that chucking a grenade in panic launched them towards you sometimes effectively killing yourself in the process.