Poll

-unused-

Sieg Kaiser
23 (63.9%)
Die Kaiser
13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: StarMade - On the long road to Beta!  (Read 94340 times)

Cool!
Is it on steam?
Is it free?

the game was greenlit on steam and is currently free to play while it's in the alpha stage, but you can pre-purchase it now in advance before the full release

Also, does anyone (comr4de or planr) know when I can offer suggestions to schema, for example, during a livestream or something?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:04:16 PM by ResonKinetic »

the game was greenlit on steam and is currently free to play while it's in the alpha stage, but you can pre-purchase it now in advance before the full release

Also, does anyone (comr4de or planr) know when I can offer suggestions to schema, for example, during a livestream or something?

Something I've been pushing for a while is a change in control style. Right now acceleration is treated like  a gas pedal, not a throttle. I would change the W-S keys to control forward and reverse throttle; instead of requiring the throttle be held down you would only just adjust the setting for the throttle. Same would apply for lateral and vertical motion. Maneuvering would still be mouse controlled.

I feel like I had a couple other ideas that I had, let me get back to you.

Another thing that planr and I were discussing amongst ourselves would be an addition of a 7th weapon that was somewhere between a beam and a cannon projectile.

I kinda want to bring up my communications system idea again, but it's a lot to type out.

Also, do you think they will add block accelerators for making torcreep tubes or escape pods at any point?

I kinda want to bring up my communications system idea again, but it's a lot to type out.

Also, do you think they will add block accelerators for making torcreep tubes or escape pods at any point?
Between you and me, I'll be impressed if they get planets working well enough for release.

Between you and me, I'll be impressed if they get planets working well enough for release.
This.
The current problem with the dodecahedron planets is that they are basically 12 of the old cookie planets segmented into one giant planet with 12 sides. They are therefore 12 times more resource-intensive on computers to fully render compared to the old type. This problem could be easily solved however if the devs shrunk the size of the planets so they weren't so dang big.

This.
The current problem with the dodecahedron planets is that they are basically 12 of the old cookie planets segmented into one giant planet with 12 sides. They are therefore 12 times more resource-intensive on computers to fully render compared to the old type. This problem could be easily solved however if the devs shrunk the size of the planets so they weren't so dang big.

but I like dang big planets ._.

It should be adjustable.

But I thought it was adjustable in the first place?

but I like dang big planets ._.

It should be adjustable.

But I thought it was adjustable in the first place?
It is, but the default setting needs to be changed so that most players who have crap computers can actually play on the new planets.

Well that... seems like an easy fix.

What's stopping 'em?

Well that... seems like an easy fix.

What's stopping 'em?
There's nothing stopping them, they're just choosing not to fix it.

It's the same problem with another bug in the game.
Currently AMCs with slavelinks have WAY slower projectiles than unslaved AMC cannons.

This isn't supposed to be happening but its a bug and i've been telling the devs about it for like a whole month now, and they told me they fixed it, but it still exists.

Same thing too with the default projectile speed. Comr4de has been telling Calbiri he needs to boost the projectile speed but cal simply wont listen to him.

All this on top of the whole "it's done when it's done" thing?

These developers sound like a bunch of starfishs.

I'm starting to reconsider pre-purchasing the game.

These developers sound like a bunch of starfishs.
It's mostly that schema is being "taken for a ride" by a few unreasonable new members of the higher-ups, most namely the new faces like AndyP and DukeOfRealms who suddenly appeared the heck out of nowhere when the new site came along and have demanded that things be done their way. Andy and his stupid bugtracker have literally turned testing Starmade from a fun and freelance volunteer thing to a full blown freaking office job. And he expects us to test like that, for free. It's ridiculous. That's why Comr4de and I quit the tester staff.

No doubt the dev builds are full of awesome new stuff but it's such a mess. Usually messes are tolerable because they get quickly fixed, but as it stands now, nobody is willing to lift a finger to clean up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:40:29 AM by Planr »

It's ridiculous.

why can't the starfishs on the team be... "taken care of"

we can make it look like an accident.

I didn't play for a long time, were there any noteable updates? Might pick this up again.

I didn't play for a long time, were there any noteable updates? Might pick this up again.
well not really but we are about to have some major game-changing updates very very soon

question: what is a "y-hole"?