Poll

-unused-

Sieg Kaiser
23 (63.9%)
Die Kaiser
13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: StarMade - On the long road to Beta!  (Read 95556 times)

New Destroyer,

2 Light/Medium Guns, Keller CPE Mk 1's (All turrets names for communists)
3 Aspis Mk1 PDW
6 Missile Tubes, Missile-Beam who knows.

awesome ship Mr. Hurricane! The front is very well-done!

awesome ship Mr. Hurricane! The front is very well-done!

thnx

Also the ship has a Cannon-DPulse-Ion under slung coaxial weapon. Made for shooting out shields.

The ship has a massive space in the front hull, dunno what to fit in there.

Ship is designed to be a small vessel to supplement larger ship's firepower.

EDIT: APPARENTLY ITS ONLY A FRIGATE AND DESTROYERS ARE BATTLECRUISERS
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:22:11 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

that's pretty nice looking. ya gonna smooth it out later or is that bumpy business something you're going for?

anyway, i always find myself wanting to build fighters, but I can never get them to look right.

going to shamelessly cross post from the PM i sent out on teh starmade forums

To all you Arstotzkans who are confused on the PM from TwoNiner:

I've come to an agreement with TwoNiner and Incap about forming a new faction. I've said many times that I've wanted to do something with a slightly more original namesake and this is our chance. The Helkan Imperium is the new title we will carry. In short, we're bankrolling this enterprise for them.

Why is this happening?

I'm giving up on running factions lol. I'm not doing a very decent job at it and these guys would do it better. I put in a few stipulations about folding our faction into theirs and we'll remain mostly intact as a separate fleet. Of course, there may be some reassignments, but for the most part very little will change.

One of the stipulations that I laid out was that Crunk gets to basically do what he wants. This is what he does now and it works very well for us, I see no reason for that to change.

The stuffty part is that this faction will have a relatively uniform fleet design. For now, we can keep what we have but we need to start working towards moving the aesthetics to be more uniform with the main faction.

In exchange for our material support, they agreed to some stipulations.

Crunk gets to continue to do whatever.
    I will retain command over fleet operations for the Arstotzkan Fleet (which will be renamed soon)
    Reassignment from the Arstotzkan faction to another fleet command will be discussed with myself before it happens.
    Current designs will remain in use by the Third Arstotzkan Fleet until they can be adapted to new aesthetic standards.

1) Crunk does great when he has no leash. I'd hate to lose someone awesome because he has to behave within the parameters of a fleet command. Of course, you will have to help out on some operations.

2) Self explanatory.

3) I want to keep us together for now. We're a pretty veteran group of players and keeping this fleet as the vet team will be good for us and our reputation

4) We've all put a lot of work into our projects and throwing it all away is ridiculous. This will let us adapt our designs to the new aesthetic standards (it's doable. most of it is already within parameters)

Short FAQ:

Does this mean we're going to stop taking /vg/ and/or BLF players?
Hell no. This just means that they won't go to arstotzka, they'll go to Helkan.

What happens to our current base?
That's under debate. I'm completely against just throwing it away. Current plans indicate that it will be relocated to a Black Hole event horizon as a remote command station.

What are the new colors?
Black and Purple. But I think this is stupid so we'll just be replacing the red with Purple.

I don't want to be a part of Odium!
This isn't Odium. In fact, we're setting this up in opposition to them.

I don't want to be a part of this!
Ok, bye. I'm not going to drag you into this.

Any other questions, please ask.

Basically, Arstotzka is merging with a faction started by Incap and TwoNiner in opposition to the Odium Pact. We're practically funding the startup so they've given us a lot of leeway.

>implying that there was going to be a doctrine or any uniformity anway.

Also com or planr could one of you help me with capital ship building processes? It's for the carrier thing I want.

About the carrier, I'm not sure I want it to be just a carrier, because I'm not sure if that's cost effective. I was thinking I would exchange hanger space for battleship grade weaponry, then use some external areas to dock Parasite Kissinger Frigates to. The hanger is just going to be full of bombers, either missile-beam or missile-pulse. I don't know what would make an effective anti-shield non missile weapon, however. Suggestions for strike craft sized anti shield weapons?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:46:43 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

cannon-beam-ion or cannon-cannon-ion will do just fine

so like, if I was to get more involved on shattered skies, what would I do and who would I roll with?

so like, if I was to get more involved on shattered skies, what would I do and who would I roll with?
you would most likely roll with us

It'll be ready very soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Heil Helkan! Sieg Helkan! Praise be the Glorious Imperium! Heil Lord Commander Militant Comr4de! Death to the Pact!

Bumbadump

Block III Kissingers currently in development.

This round includes installation of newer PDW's, alongside more mounts for them. Also included are optional Keller-B Beam-Pulse-Something Turrets. Keller Standard Turrets (Cannon Pulse Explosive) may be stripped of explosive tertiary for something else, probably O/D.

Also on today's agenda; the designing of fighters and bombers. Maybe the keel of the battle carrier will be laid if I'm bored. Who knows?

Pretty interested in this game. Do many of you guys still play?

Pretty interested in this game. Do many of you guys still play?

not when I want to play dammit