Help with 32 inch tv

Author Topic: Help with 32 inch tv  (Read 994 times)

Is your HDMI cable from RadioShack?

Is your HDMI cable from RadioShack?
i have no idea
but my sisters friend is coming home tonight and giving me a dvi to hdmi cord
will that work for something like this?

no its just that i dont want to have to run a ethernet cord all the way from my router 20 feet to my tv
and i also dont want to have to rewire my pc the way i do so i can keep my cords organized
ok but it shouldn't take half a damn hour

It may just be the cable. Try another cable and see if you get different results.

ok but it shouldn't take half a damn hour
p sure moving a 30+ or so pound computer along with its cords and rewiring it really well takes long
probably not for you
but for me
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:45:03 PM by Maxxi »

It's common for 32" TV's to be 1366x768 rather than 1920x1080, it's a random pain in the ass but it's true.  There are some out there that do have 1920x1080, but some, not all.  TV's also can create some strange color issues when being a monitor for a PC, can take some configuration but is by-passable.
So we are ignoring this?

What he's saying is true. Not all TVs run natively at 1920x1080, so it looks like stuff when you actually set it to 1080p. A lot of HDTVs take 1080p and compresses it to 768p (1366x768), but provides the ability to use 1080p. That way they can market it as 1080p, when in reality a lot of what you see is 768p.

You're stuck with 768p, unless you want your screen to be fuzzy as stuff.

It's common for 32" TV's to be 1366x768 rather than 1920x1080, it's a random pain in the ass but it's true.  There are some out there that do have 1920x1080, but some, not all.  TV's also can create some strange color issues when being a monitor for a PC, can take some configuration but is by-passable.
So how can I bypass the tv looking like stuff? is that possible?

p sure moving a 30+ or so pound computer along with its cords and rewiring it really well takes long
probably not for you
but for me
wtf that's a huge ass computer
at least from my experience
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:51:04 PM by ßlöükfáce »