Author Topic: Best settings for GPU?  (Read 477 times)

So recently I've put in a new GPU and PSU into my computer (many thanks to Tokerovin and Muzzles for the help)

Today when the new power source finally arrived, I was able to hook everything up and after installing my drivers, this menu came up. Now, Im not sure if default is the best. Does anyone know what settings it should be on?
Oh, and if anyone could link me soft shaders, that'd be great!

oh my god that menu is lovey

I got the same card as you for the computer I'm building :D

How is it?

I got the same card as you for the computer I'm building :D

How is it?
I've only played about 30 minutes of gaming with it so not long at all. Pretty good so far! I really want to see soft shaders

I would leave it at default settings.

I have the same program on my desktop. It's pretty sweet.
You can hit the little gear button and set it to Full Widget to get a nice temp clock widget on your desktop and minimize all the other stuff.

Leave it to furdle to buy an old more out of date card than what's currently on the market.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7770

Sure it has the price to performance but it'd be more worthwhile to invest into a card that is up to date.

owait

7770. That's what I have.

Why would you buy a card that old lol

Why would you buy a card that old lol
Would you rather him buy an r7 250X? aka the exact same card with a different name?

Would you rather him buy an r7 250X? aka the exact same card with a different name?

Or he could have invested a bit more money and gotten a card worth while to the day and age so that he could at least keep it from getting surpassed by newer cards for at least a year or so.

o no i didnt buy the best card #firstworldproblems
how about you quit whining and get to the matter at hand?

Leave it at the default settings unless you really know what you're doing; they're default for a reason.

o no i didnt buy the best card #firstworldproblems
how about you quit whining and get to the matter at hand?

Yes we should all listen to furdle, furdle knows best, furdle knows all.

Or he could have invested a bit more money and gotten a card worth while to the day and age so that he could at least keep it from getting surpassed by newer cards for at least a year or so.
There's nothing wrong with the 7770
It has an excellent price to performance ratio. Obviously, if he wanted to buy something more powerful he could have, but not everyone is a hardcore gamer. In terms of age, name a single specific thing about this card that's worse architecture-wise than any other AMD card out now.