whats with the icons?

Author Topic: whats with the icons?  (Read 1352 times)

why do people on blockland get so pissed off when they see these  :cookie: :cookieMonster: :panda: :iceCream: :nes:

whats the point in having them here if people get pissed off?

people dont really get pissed off when you use them
but when you spam them like this " hey guys!!  :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:  :panda:  :iceCream:" its annoying

Makes you look immature if you overuse them, you can also get banned from overusing it as well.

welcome back da racer

Makes you look immature if you overuse them, you can also get banned from overusing it as well.

no. people have been banned for spamming.
dont blame what they spam with as the reason.

you can also get banned from overusing it as well.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people

iirc the emoticons used to be used as a part of a word censoring system. once it was removed, the emoticons kinda just stayed anyways.

lol  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: idk who would know  :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:
do you get the point yet?

it annoys me when people go "hi welcome to the forums don't use (emotes) or you'll be looked at as handicapped"

it annoys me when people go "hi welcome to the forums don't use (emotes) or you'll be looked at as handicapped"
then whats the point in having them here.to see if your handicapped or not?

then whats the point in having them here.to see if your handicapped or not?
No, they're used normally.
And as long as it's in moderation, and therefore not spamming, it's fine.

People use  :cookie: and  :iceCream: to show appreciation (icecream is used much less often),  :cookieMonster: is used to show that you're joking,  :panda: can be used to show that you're sad (usually in a jokey way), and  :nes: is anyone's guess.

i'm gonna :nes: you right up the :nes: ing :nes:

i'm gonna :nes: you right up the :nes: ing :nes:
Perfect use. Now we have a reason for the NES icon.