Author Topic: 3.5mm port on Galaxy tab3 broken. fixed by God!!  (Read 1658 times)

ok, so i thought it was my headphones that were broken but its my tablet, about a month ago my dog jumped on my and tore my headphones out of the tablet, the plug on the headphones was bent in half and ive been having trouble ever since. well it finally wont play sound anymore and i want to know where i can go to get the port fixed? can i just go to a Verizon or Samsung store and have them fix it? or would it be better to buy a soldering iron and a new jack which i would have no idea how to fix myself?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:17:37 PM by GhostStar »

the port or the jack on the headphones?

if the port, youre D.O.N.E. forgeted

if its the jack, you can try to repair it but its not worth the effort. unless they were an expensive ass pair of headphones, get a new pair.

You have spare earbuds? my headphone wire broke once also. I had some spare headbuds and soldered them together. Works perfect. also, put some extra rubber around the part where you soldered them. But since its the jack itself, you have to cut a piece of the wire.

Guys, the jack on my tablet is broken. The headphones are fine for some loving reason.

yeah if the port is broke, there is not fixing that. new tablet or you can buy a mini-usb to jack adapter and hope it works

yeah if the port is broke, there is not fixing that. new tablet or you can buy a mini-usb to jack adapter and hope it works
god dammit.

god dammit.

If you know how to solder you can disassemble it, desolder the broken port, and put a new one in

If you know how to solder you can disassemble it, desolder the broken port, and put a new one in
hmmm. how much does a soldering iron cost?

how much skill does it take to use one?

you have to be a level 76 blacksmith

you have to be a level 76 blacksmith
damnit, im only level 75 blacksmith

i am level 518 carpenter though.

in all seriousness though, is a soldering iron really hard to use correctly or is it just really simple and nearly anyone could do it right.

in all seriousness though, is a soldering iron really hard to use correctly or is it just really simple and nearly anyone could do it right.
Pretty simple, but you definitely need to know what you're doing, or you could melt parts of the tablet or melt solder into everything.

Is the Tablet not in warranty? It's better to get it repaired by a professional.
And breaking it open may void any warranty you have.

Pretty simple, but you definitely need to know what you're doing, or you could melt parts of the tablet or melt solder into everything.

Is the Tablet not in warranty? It's better to get it repaired by a professional.
And breaking it open may void any warranty you have.
i dont have a warranty. i was wondering if i could take it to a Verizon store (or something like that) and they would do it for me. but i dont know anywhere else i could get it fixed at