Author Topic: Team[Qi]  (Read 20781 times)

accepted

I'm putting the finishing touches on my code for the new CityRPG going up tomorrow; I feel bad for making way too many values.
Use TorqueDev. It's completely open - source, and will tell you where and exactly what the syntax errors are. I use it for all of my projects :D and it's amazing.

accepted

Code: [Select]
CityRPGData.addValue("bank", $CityRPG::pref::players::startingCash);
CityRPGData.addValue("tools", "");
CityRPGData.addValue("bounty", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("demerits", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("hunger", "6");
CityRPGData.addValue("jailData", "0 0");
CityRPGData.addValue("jobEXP", "1");
CityRPGData.addValue("jobID", "1");
CityRPGData.addValue("lotData", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("money", "0");
CityRPGData.aadValue("resources", "0 0 0");
CityRPGData.addValue("student", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("credits", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("TAG", "NULL");
CityRPGData.addValue("civilianEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("bountyEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("criminalEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("OCEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("laborEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("specEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("policeEdu", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("civilianExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("bountyExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("criminalExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("OCExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("laborExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("specExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("policeExp", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("EDUTimer", "NULL 0");
CityRPGData.addValue("canSell", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("DriverLicense", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("canSellFood", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("Marijuana", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("Tabacco", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("Opium", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("totalDrugs", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("Cocaine", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("lsd", "0");
CityRPGData.addValue("Shrooms", "0");
You could do this and shorten all of those lines:

%CityRPGDataValues = "bounty lotData money student credits civilianEdu criminalEdu specEdu policeEdu civilianExp bountyExp criminalExp OCExp laborExp specExp policeExp canSell DriverLicense canSellFood Marijuana Tabacco Opium totalDrugs Cocaine lsd Shrooms";

for(%i = 0; %i < getWordCount(%CityRPGDataValues); %i++)
{
    CityRPGData.addValue(getWord(%CityRPGDataValues, %i), "0");
}

And then for everything without a zero for the second argument, you could do it the normal way.

I tried to apply, but it kept saying there was an error D: what do I do?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:33:03 PM by Ninjaman 4 »

Use TorqueDev. It's completely open - source, and will tell you where and exactly what the syntax errors are. I use it for all of my projects :D and it's amazing.
You could do this and shorten all of those lines:

%CityRPGDataValues = "bounty lotData money student credits civilianEdu criminalEdu specEdu policeEdu civilianExp bountyExp criminalExp OCExp laborExp specExp policeExp canSell DriverLicense canSellFood Marijuana Tabacco Opium totalDrugs Cocaine lsd Shrooms";

for(%i = 0; %i < getWordCount(%CityRPGDataValues); %i++)
{
    CityRPGData.addValue(getWord(%CityRPGDataValues, %i), "0");
}

And then for everything without a zero for the second argument, you could do it the normal way.

I tried to apply, but it kept saying there was an error D: what do I do?
What was the error?

What was the error?
I clicked on "register" and it comes up with this:

try again with a different browser? (I was able to re-register, so it isn't server-sided)
... why are you in incognito mode?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:19:28 PM by Aoki² »

Nuclear Bear is hosting a great [Qi] Office RP

Even his own admin doubts the server

He broke all of the things this clan stands for lol
Description:
    [Qi] is a Blockland clan based on establishing a stable and fun sub-community of Blockland by creating servers, builds, mods, and more stuff of that nature.

Some abusive admin changed the game mode to "MotE Mansion"; I have shut down Aoki's server to see if I can find out who the abusive admin is.

Edit: I don't know who the true culprit is, but some players have reported it was Lectro (BL_ID: 19040)

The server has been restarted and Lectro has been permanently banned.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:22:11 PM by dargereldren »

did you try refreshing? cus that looks a lot like what happens when you don't load a stylesheet
but it's working for me in chrome normally, and when using incognito mode. so it's not even a browser thing

The City RPG server had some problems with bad packets being sent today. An hour later, it kicked everybody and then the gamemode was changed to "Freebuild" with a MotE mansion build loaded. The city RPG mod was still running, but nobody's data was showing up. The bottom print looked like "Job: Money: $ Hunger: Pay: ". Did everybody lose their data?

The City RPG server had some problems with bad packets being sent today. An hour later, it kicked everybody and then the gamemode was changed to "Freebuild" with a MotE mansion build loaded. The city RPG mod was still running, but nobody's data was showing up. The bottom print looked like "Job: Money: $ Hunger: Pay: ". Did everybody lose their data?
We'll see.

It was just a minor issue, now the variables work.

Twerky those players where spamming, I was killing them to stop them.

I banned you for complaining all the time, you aren't someone I need to deal with on my server.

Aoki has been De-admin'ed and Permanently banned until he can get his stuff together and be reasonable.

Nice job Aoki.

Banning me because some forgetheads cant handle a ban.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:12:04 PM by Ducky duck »

Aoki has been De-admin'ed and Permanently banned until he can get his stuff together and be reasonable.

Nice job Aoki.

Banning me because some forgetheads cant handle a ban.
nice one you just banned the owner of [Qi]

also you banned twenky for the reason "SHREK" and for 1 hour? besides that i only saw him complain once. whats your problem man.

nice one you just banned the owner of [Qi]

also you banned twenky for the reason "SHREK" and for 1 hour? besides that i only saw him complain once. whats your problem man.

As I said before, I didn't want to change the ban reason.

You only saw him complain once.

I have the right to ban whoever I want, Qi owner or not. No one tells me who the forget I cant ban from my servers.

Aoki needs to take a break from the forums.

Twerky those players where spamming, I was killing them to stop them.

I banned you for complaining all the time, you aren't someone I need to deal with on my server.
1. Spammers should be kicked.
2. Complaints are meant to be heard; if he was spamming complaints because he didn't like the server, that could have also been solved with a kick.