Neighborhood Dilemma [Need Advice]

Author Topic: Neighborhood Dilemma [Need Advice]  (Read 1050 times)

Some background:
Alright, so I live in a fairly nice part of town, just your typical suburb. Every 3rd house is the same, and it's a pretty quiet neighborhood. I'm one of the only teenagers on my street, and I live at the end in a culdesac. Right next to my house is a trail head which leads into a pretty big canyon which winds its way through a few different neighborhoods and also a golf course. The canyon is filled with chaparral and bushes and makes a sort of hidden canopy at the bottom.

The story
My mom was walking our dogs on the trail and saw some bushes flying and heard chopping and hacking, so she yelled at whoever was doing it and told them she's going to go call the cops. When my mom got back to the house, she looked at the trail off our balcony and saw that they were just kids building a fort. She went down to meet them, and apologized and saw that they were actually teenagers. After talking to them for a bit, my mom realized that I actually played baseball with one of the three kids. His dad was my coach. My mom apologized again and let them go on their way, not realizing that there would soon be:

The Problem
Now, I'm 6'0 and 170 pounds and could fight most people in my grade save a few, but these kids are a lot harder than most other kids. I would get the stuff kicked out of me if it was my friends vs them. We all smoke weed in my town, but I'm pretty sure these kids are into harder drugs like crack or meth.  Today my mom saw them walking down the trail with a bunch of lumber. They're building their new hangout spot. So these kids are building their crackhouse in the middle of this canyon, and going to hanging out down there on the weekends while my mom's at home alone. We decided we need to stop their building before it gets too big, but this is what we're not sure how to do. If we rat them out to the cops, they'll know it's us and beat the stuff out of me and possibly forget our house up.
If we don't rat them out, they're going to be partying and possibly starting fires in the canyon, and nobody wants a group of crackheads living next to their house.

The Solution
What do you recommend, Blockland Forums?

Also, sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I've been getting exceedingly higher as I write this.
tldr; crackhead kids build fort next to my house how do i get them out

Had you tried to talk to them about the consenquences

If you report them to the police, they can retaliate, but you will eventually win.

If you report them to the police, they can retaliate, but you will eventually win.
It's a large group of friends though, rumor would spread and I'd have a lot of enemies.
Had you tried to talk to them about the consenquences
They actually haven't even seen me yet, I've just been watching them

It's a large group of friends though, rumor would spread and I'd have a lot of enemies.
How would they know you did it? There are surely other people in the neighborhood. Also, you could just wait and see if they actually become annoying.

Wait, so one of them is your friend right? Had you encounter him when the problem started to appear?

Let them do 1 party or whatever then call the cops.

Let them do 1 party or whatever then call the cops.
I'm not sure if I should let them complete their fort first though, it might be good to stop it asap.
Wait, so one of them is your friend right? Had you encounter him when the problem started to appear?
I used to play baseball with one of them. I wouldn't call him a friend but we high five when we see each other and stuff. I haven't encountered him since they started building.
How would they know you did it? There are surely other people in the neighborhood. Also, you could just wait and see if they actually become annoying.
It's a super quiet neighborhood, we're also the only people they've seen so far.

Go down and hang out with them a few times. Use the person you know to get in with them. Report them after an event where a bunch of people come and then act surprised.

I'm not sure if I should let them complete their fort first though, it might be good to stop it asap.
Then call the cops on them now.

"everyone smokes pot in our town"
"its a large group of friends and id have a lot of enemies"

i remember highschool

yeah, building a "fort"

Go down and hang out with them a few times. Use the person you know to get in with them. Report them after an event where a bunch of people come and then act surprised.

Imagine in he became like a double agent for the cops, working for them and going in to get rid of the other teens from the inside of their group out.

Neat.

Potato cannon = problem solved