Author Topic: Need a processor for LGA 775 mobo  (Read 565 times)

Yeah, I know its old as forget, but I don't have many options here. It seems like the processor costs the most, that's why I'm limited to this board. So yeah, suggest if you can.

You can get a Q9450 for around $80-90 on eBay; make sure your board supports it, though. Also keep an eye out for Xeon X33nn's, since they're the exact same processor except rebranded.

the q series are pretty good

You can get a Q9450 for around $80-90 on eBay; make sure your board supports it, though. Also keep an eye out for Xeon X33nn's, since they're the exact same processor except rebranded.

still seems pretty stuffty, only rated 2k above e5800 (which i have) i don't want to play extreme games, but most i'd like to play is l4d2 or some others.

you can get some cruddy e6600 for less than 30 bucks.

First off, Make sure your motherboard can support multi-core processors

I have a computer with an LGA 775 that can only support 1 core, so it's limited to Pentium 4's and Celeron D's

If it does support multi-core, look at a database of Intel's Core 2 lineup, and pick the highest end one that your motherboard can support.

First off, Make sure your motherboard can support multi-core processors

I have a computer with an LGA 775 that can only support 1 core, so it's limited to Pentium 4's and Celeron D's

If it does support multi-core, look at a database of Intel's Core 2 lineup, and pick the highest end one that your motherboard can support.

well the e5800 is dual core, and it's in my motherboard, so yeah it's most likely multi-core.

wait, what the forget. the side of my computer has a sticker that list the specs. it says E5800, but when I look at system properties...

the e6700 is stuffty regardless.

still seems pretty stuffty, only rated 2k above e5800 (which i have) i don't want to play extreme games, but most i'd like to play is l4d2 or some others.
Well, it's the best you can get for socket 775 for a reasonable amount of money. There are the Core2Extremes of course, but they're so ridiculously expensive that they're not worth bothering with. You can also get a little bette performance by overclocking.

wow i was looking at gaming with just the e5800 looks pretty smooth, actually. some of these were on high. maybe i just need to get a way better gpu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoL9vA2GYjU

okay, so what video card wouldn't bottleneck the stuff out of this processor?