Why is Call of Duty still getting hated on?

Author Topic: Why is Call of Duty still getting hated on?  (Read 5614 times)

what is this realism you speak of

CoD just does everything terribly in the name of realism.

Read closely...

While I do see your point, all I'm saying is that most people who buy CoD aren't looking for all that. Peeps just wanna shoot other peeps mayn. Although it would be nice to see some changes in campaign, it's not really a focal point. Most people play it just to get a hang of the controls and then go off to play multiplayer. All in all, I just don't think there's a reason the game should get all the flak it gets.
If 'peeps just wanna shoot other peeps', there's been plenty of games in the series of just doing that. We really don't need an entire new game for new dog models or fish AI. It'll always be the same, anyways. On the consoles (where the game is stupidly popular), you'll have 90% of the people running around with the same assault rifle. Why? Because it's the most powerful, and easy to use weapon. It's been a pattern in every game. Then what? The person who has the fastest reflexes (likely by abusing aim assist to 'see' through walls), gets on a killing spree. What does he get from this killing spree aside from the reward his team already got for the kills? A superweapon for getting more kills, or even ending the game in some cases. Honestly kill streaks and multi kills should only award personal score, or even just give the team bonus points for killing objectives. There's no need to give them something that can kill the entire enemy team twice.

Then there's the story. How often do you hear about that? Only from trophy/gamerscore players.

The only killstreak remotely sane is the care package and UAV, really.

From what I have seen, Call of Duty multiplayer is filled with cheating throughout. I've seen literally hundreds of gameplay videos on youtube for just average people playing call of duty, and everyone is running around quickscoping everyone in the head for instant sniper kills. Lots of people flying and using aimbots too. Its practically impossible to miss.

Not to mention if you get hit by a bullet you usually die in one shot. Total bullcrap. What is this supposed to be, real life? Totally defeats the purpose of playing video games.

This is why I stick to TF2. Give me a bottle of water, a comfy chair, the computer, and several hours on the Intox Zombie Fortress server and I am set.

Not to mention if you get hit by a bullet you usually die in one shot.
Except those shotguns that are loaded with grains of rice.

dude planr zombie fortress is so boring, play a real match or something

When you start playing against better people, the game actually gets tactical, in an arcadey sort of way. People do all these different things to out play their opponent.

Once you get to that level quickscoping is hated by that community. Most players who are decent at the game hate it and want it removed, or at least nerfed. The devs cant do that without alienating part of its audience though.

The killstreaks really aren't easy to go on, if they made it anymore of a challenge high killstreaks would basically be impossible unless you are playing against people with no thumbs. You die way to fast for the more challenge to be effective.

The killstreaks really aren't easy to go on, if they made it anymore of a challenge high killstreaks would basically be impossible unless you are playing against people with no thumbs. You die way to fast for the more challenge to be effective.
There shouldn't be killstreak rewards that affect how the match plays at all. The difficulty should be "impossible, killstreak rewards simply don't happen".

It's more the fanbase than the game itself for me

I never heard of the franchise using "realism" in their marketing. It's just supposed to be fun and that's about it. Of course, quickscopers ruin everything.
I can agree with this.

Unfortunately the vocal minority outshines the majority.

There shouldn't be killstreak rewards that affect how the match plays at all. The difficulty should be "impossible, killstreak rewards simply don't happen".
I disagree, but that is only subjective. I enjoy the dynamic it adds, trying to dodge missles/avoid players with uavs etc.

i have to say in the trailer it was like woah when he was being dragged away and his arm was cut off

I disagree, but that is only subjective. I enjoy the dynamic it adds, trying to dodge missles/avoid players with uavs etc.
It doesn't have to be awarded to those who can already wreck the enemy team.

It could be something granted another way. Like at certain team score points, the highest contributing player can use one of those things.

It doesn't have to be awarded to those who can already wreck the enemy team.

It could be something granted another way. Like at certain team score points, the highest contributing player can use one of those things.
One of the dynamics added in Blops 2 made it so doing objective plays added score to get scorestreaks/killstreaks. I don't like ghosts, but I believe the kind of had something in that and MW3.

CoD should have more passive killstreaks instead imo.

UAVS, Crates, and self/team bonuses are fine, but unkillable lazer guided dogs that swarm the teams and make it hard to even move just make it unfun for the victims.