Author Topic: Keys you never use?  (Read 6912 times)

Tab, Caps lock, Fn, any keys F1-F12, Scroll Lock, Insert, Pause/Break, Home, End, Delete, Page Up, Page Down, and none of the number pad.

Excluding Blockland keybinds.

pause/break because while i don't intentionally use keys like numlock and the start/home key either, it's the only one that i dont always accidentally press

Pageup, and pagedown... Because I don't have them
Scroll lock, pause, break and 'sys rg' <-- Wtf is this?

Arrow keys. Who even uses them? What are they for?

i dont have pause/break

they are incredibly useful for navigating a command line interface

the windows button on my keyboard
G1-G12 custom keys
M1-M3 and MR custom keys
volume setting keys
pause break, scroll lock
whatever the forget that key is between the right-side windows key and the right-side control key
delete, insert
numpad +, -, del/.

They used to be used for gaming, a long, long time ago...
I think.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:52:47 PM by AutoBahn »

i use them on imgur to scroll to a different image and scroll down on a tall image

scroll lock, insert, page up and down, end, home, pause.

Function and the button that opens the "computer" window

On an English QWERTY keyboard, since they're slightly differen't from an American version.

(Mine doesn't have the accents for vowels as shown in blue, but has all the other blue things)

A few of the F# keys, depending on particular programs.
Caps Lock isn't often used for actually entering in capital letters. I often re-bind it in games.
The Insert, Home, and End keys are never used.
The Pause/Break key is never used.
I pretty much never use Alt Graphics.
I never use the right Windows Key.
I never use the Menu key.
I almost never use the key above Tab, as I have no idea what the characters are actually used for. [ `¬¦ ]
Normally I don't use the Numpad for anything, other than sometimes quickly entering in numbers for passwords and similar things, so all of those are left alone.
I never use the Scroll Lock.

oh yeah speaking of keyboard layouts

this is what mine is

On an English QWERTY keyboard, since they're slightly differen't from an American version.
snip
(Mine doesn't have the accents for vowels as shown in blue, but has all the other blue things)

A few of the F# keys, depending on particular programs.
Caps Lock isn't often used for actually entering in capital letters. I often re-bind it in games.
The Insert, Home, and End keys are never used.
The Pause/Break key is never used.
I pretty much never use Alt Graphics.
I never use the right Windows Key.
I never use the Menu key.
I almost never use the key above Tab, as I have no idea what the characters are actually used for. [ `¬¦ ]
Normally I don't use the Numpad for anything, other than sometimes quickly entering in numbers for passwords and similar things, so all of those are left alone.
I never use the Scroll Lock.
please write a book so we can all enjoy your linguistics.

F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6
F7
F8
F9
F10
F11
F12
SysRq
Pause
Insert
Delete
Media
Tilde
Function
/
-
+

The Back and Forward keys, Web/Home key, Search key, Mail key, Scroll Lock, Pause Break, Insert, Home, End, and the key on my keyboard that opens the right click menu.