Author Topic: Keys you never use?  (Read 6737 times)

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbm1234 567890-/:;()$&@".,?!'[]{}#%^*+=_\|~<> shift tab caps lock backspace home delete F1-14 enter return escape control command/windows function alt plus any others

I just interface directly with my computer. :^)

I think I've used every key on my current keyboard at some point or another. The only ones I rarely touch (do accidents count) are Scroll Lock and Pause/Break.

F1-14
I just interface directly with my computer. :^)

don't the F# buttons only go up to 12

Maybe he uses 5-12.
I'm dumb

I think I've used every key on my current keyboard at some point or another. The only ones I rarely touch (do accidents count) are Scroll Lock and Pause/Break.
pretty much this, but i also rarely use caps lock and the menu key.

oh I have never once used the right Alt or Ctrl key on this laptop on purpose. It's exciting to think about!
Also I don't believe in numpads for some raisin. Never used it. I used to bind admin commands to them in Gmod but that's the only time I'd ever use it.

There exist Macintosh keyboards that go up to 14.

Print Scrn/SysRq
Scroll Lock
Pause/Break
Insert
Num Lock
NUMPAD /
NUMPAD *
NUMPAD -
NUMPAD ./Del
RCtrl
RStart
Alt Gr
Menu
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:45:19 PM by Abstath »

That god damned moon key.

yep, there is a right click key

useless considering there is no left click key
like why even bother adding this key, waste of plastic
It's called the Menu Key, and it's used for opening context menus.
It's intended use is for computers where right clicking isnt possible if a mouse doesn't have a right button, or if it's been disabled on public computers.

But really, it's an old button that doesn't have much use and was introduced back in 1994/95, making it as old as me, if not older. It would be fair to call it vestigial too, since a lot of keyboard manufacturers remove the key in order to put in more useful keys, like Fn.

Numpad insert and the standard insert
what do they even do

Numpad insert and the standard insert
what do they even do
If I am correct, the exact same thing.

i dnt rlly us my garage key idk if thats wat ur taking about

If I am correct, the exact same thing.

stop being a smartass please
I mean the use of them and what they actually do

my laptop doesn't have it either but it looks like

What? This is probably the most useful non-essential key on any keyboard. It really pisses me off that it isn't present on my laptop. It opens the context menu (right-click) for the current active control.