Author Topic: My friends are unable to connect to my server and I can't find a reason why.  (Read 3699 times)

I hosted a while ago and played with my friends with a stuff ton of add-ons and only recently have my friends been unable to connect when I host, I have no idea why it suddenly stops allowing them to join. I am really confused and can't enjoy playing with my friends and building because of this. I can't provide any information of things because this makes absolutely no sense WHY this is happening.

Are people who aren't your friends able to join?

Did you forward ports, or are you using UPnP?

Are people who aren't your friends able to join?

Did you forward ports, or are you using UPnP?

Nobody appears to be capable of joining and I have UPnP enabled. I also tried portforwarding and disabling UPnP but my friends still couldn't connect.

I can't provide any information of things because this makes absolutely no sense WHY this is happening.

If it doesn't work, then there must be a problem.
Nothing is perfect and errors can occur without making any changes yourself.
Although 95% of computer problems lies with the user.

Anyway, if you did forward your ports, did you set a static IP on your pc?
If you didn't, then your pc got a new IP and your router still tries to send data to your old one.

Maybe try using a program like Hamachi and setting up a LAN server.
Hamachi connects your friends and your network to seem like a local area network.
Of course this is not a permanent sollution, but if it works then we are closer to a permanent sollution

I was pretty sure the game had specific defenses against Hamachi servers.

I was pretty sure the game had specific defenses against Hamachi servers.
Correct.

OP, you will need to port forward correctly. Try using a tutorial from http://portforward.com.

Correct.

OP, you will need to port forward correctly. Try using a tutorial from http://portforward.com.

I've portforwarded Blockland's port (It's 28000, right?) and disabled UPnP.

Why the forget do people use hamatichi anyways! Its really not that hard to port forward :/

Why the forget do people use hamatichi anyways! Its really not that hard to port forward :/
NoEdit: This may help you

NoEdit: This may help you

I know how to portforward.
I tried allowing the port through the firewalls with advanced security.
My friend tried to connect after I hosted and it came up with these results:
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...
Sending punch packet...

Make sure that you set the server port to 28000 in your Advanced options before starting the server.

Make sure that you set the server port to 28000 in your Advanced options before starting the server.

An option to do that is NOWHERE in the Advanced tab in the Options menu.
I'm really happy a lot of people are trying to help.

When you start a custom game there is a button on the left side that says "Advanced".

Alternatively you can open config/server/prefs.cs and change $Pref::Server::Port to 28000.

When you start a custom game there is a button on the left side that says "Advanced".

Alternatively you can open config/server/prefs.cs and change $Pref::Server::Port to 28000.

I thought you meant the Options menu, stupidly I thought that.

I thought you meant the Options menu, stupidly I thought that.

It's okay, I wasn't clear. Let us know if it works.