Author Topic: Assimilatory Alien War Debate  (Read 8404 times)

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

No, you don't.

1. Read title.

2. Symbiosis is when two species benefit each other.

No, that would be Mutualism, a type of symbiosis.
Parasitism is also a type of symbiosis.

You fookin' wot m8
I literally just got through explaing why you were wrong the first few times you said this and you're saying it again
Holy stuff.

Look at title.
Look at original post.
This is going nowhere.

doom you are the absolute worst person to argue with because you have no idea when to stop
you will drive your completely invalid point into the ground on the assumption that we don't understand when we do, which is why we disagree

Okay you mongoloid I am going to lay this out for you as simply as possible.

Symbiosis is merely the term for when two different biological species have long-term interaction. The degree of interaction and what said interactions entail can vary from case to case.

Okay? Do you understand that much? Good, let's move on.

Let's look at the different types of symbiosis.
Parasitism is when one party benefits, and one suffers.
-Ex: Mosquitos, Fleas, Head Lice
Commensalism is when one party benefits, and one is neither helped nor harmed.
-Ex: Remora fish hitch rides on larger marine life forms to get to food.
Mutualism is when both parties benefit.
-Ex: Clownfish hide and stuff in anenomes, which they are immune to the stingers of. The anenome's stingers protect the clownfish from predators, and the fish stuff has nutrients that help the anenome.

Parasitism is a type of symbiosis. Therefore, symbiosis is not when two species benefit each other. The word you are looking for is mutualism. What you're saying is like if I said "Vehicles have four wheels." Cars are a type of vehicle and have four wheels, but bulldozers are also a type of vehicle and they do not have four wheels, so "Vehicles have four wheels" is wrong.

Seriously. Do some actual research once in a while. Your habit of making up terms ("HYPERFRICTION YOU GUYS") and getting existing terms flat out wrong is just embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:30:42 PM by Qwepir »

a square is a rectangle, therefore a rectangle is a square?

Okay you mongoloid I am going to lay this out for you as simply as possible.

Symbiosis is merely the term for when two different biological species have long-term interaction. The degree of interaction and what said interactions entail can vary from case to case.
Yes...
Okay? Do you understand that much? Good, let's move on.
*Facedesk*
Let's look at the different types of symbiosis.
Parasitism is when one party benefits, and one suffers.
Already established
-Ex: Mosquitos, Fleas, Head Lice
Commensalism is when one party benefits, and one is neither helped nor harmed.
-Ex: Remora fish hitch rides on larger marine life forms to get to food.
Mutualism is when both parties benefit.
-Ex: Clownfish hide and stuff in anenomes, which they are immune to the stingers of. The anenome's stingers protect the clownfish from predators, and the fish stuff has nutrients that help the anenome.
 ^*The rest is off topic for the most part*
Parasitism is a type of symbiosis. Therefore, symbiosis is not when two species benefit each other. The word you are looking for is mutualism. What you're saying is like if I said "Vehicles have four wheels." Cars are a type of vehicle and have four wheels, but bulldozers are also a type of vehicle and they do not have four wheels, so "Vehicles have four wheels" is wrong.

Seriously. Do some actual research once in a while. Your habit of making up terms ("HYPERFRICTION YOU GUYS") and flat out getting existing terms wrong is just embarrassing.
[/b]I do lots of research, Hyperfriction is made up, but it's pretty obvious what it means.[/b]

A lot of these follow the "One party benefits, and one suffers" logic.
Also, this thread is literally pointless at this point in time.

Also, this thread is literally pointless at this point in time.

A lot of these follow the "One party benefits, and one suffers" logic.
No. No it does not. I feel like I am arguing with an actual handicap here.