Author Topic: dean carlisle: ARG mastermind  (Read 3239 times)

ones that unravel an interesting story are nice. mura's was a good example of that

//START

DATA OPENING

FILE DUMP #1 / #4
help please
LOADING ONTO PAGE

//END

the ARG tells us that zealots part of an Arabian family

ever since mura's arg all of them have just been shot down mercilessly

Also if you don't like ARGs, just ignore them. I don't like furries, and I don't take stuffs in their topic. 

I guess this robot or AI thing is unoriginal, but at least dean is trying for a quality one.

There were some, like Mura's 2nd one and this that were interesting, and there was one other that involved a hospital.

Double post:

I'm not really targeting Freek for taking stuffs if he did, just other people who have done so.

major overreaction but ARGs are still pretty dumb lol

Sorry for being stupid but...

What is an ARG?

Sorry for being stupid but...

What is an ARG?

Alternate Reality Game.

Its pretty much a massive puzzle using actual media as the hints. Generally a good arg takes a bit to "beat" because of all sorts of codes used, like Morse codes, binary text, hex code, etc. Sometimes its just hints inside of videos. Gotta look for extra meanings, since arg videos have no meaning at face value.

Valve is an example of a company that has made an arg before, leading up to an update.
It can be quite challenging and fun, but there are a lot of stuffty args.

Hope I explained that correctly.

Alternate Reality Game.

Its pretty much a massive puzzle using actual media as the hints. Generally a good arg takes a bit to "beat" because of all sorts of codes used, like Morse codes, binary text, hex code, etc. Sometimes its just hints inside of videos. Gotta look for extra meanings, since arg videos have no meaning at face value.

Valve is an example of a company that has made an arg before, leading up to an update.
It can be quite challenging and fun, but there are a lot of stuffty args.

Hope I explained that correctly.
Thank you. This was a very clear explanation and I now have knowledge of what an ARG is.

[img ]http://cl.jroo.me/z3/B/J/t/d/a.aaa-No-fun-allowed..jpg[/img]
except they aren't fun, they're pointless

except they aren't fun, they're pointless

If you don't think they're fun and pointless, just ignore them please. People have different ideas on whats fun and not fun. Personally, I think ARGs are neat.

Personally, I think ARGs are neat.

freek you're p cool but don't blow it