3 (25%)
Red Hat/SUSE
0 (0%)
BSD (this includes Mac and iOS)
2 (16.7%)
Other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: The UNIX Megathread -- New poll  (Read 18357 times)

surprisingly my mac runs games like ksp and minecraft waaaay better than my windows one, I used to use it for gaming lots more than my windows one, it's a 2006 mac with snow leopard

so get on mine :-0
So that's where all of my old PCs are going.

Anyone know how to change the font of the command line in Linux (arch)?

I use a size 10 font in urxvt, so its wierd to see a size 12 on startup (I don't use a graphical display manager) or when I'm not in a DE.
Pageloss.

I use a size 10 font in urxvt, so its wierd to see a size 12 on startup (I don't use a graphical display manager) or when I'm not in a DE.
Bump. Come on guys.

Ubuntu has amazing support if you're using that.

What distro are you using now?
I mean steam

I mean steam
So steam needs better Linux support? I guess that's true. But Linux isn't exactly what I would use for the ultimate gaming rig.

ALSO:

RTFM

Code: (Example Font Declaration) [Select]
URxvt.font: xft:monaco:size=10

So steam needs better Linux support? I guess that's true. But Linux isn't exactly what I would use for the ultimate gaming rig.
and why's that?

RTFM

Code: (Example Font Declaration) [Select]
URxvt.font: xft:monaco:size=10
I'm not talking about my terminal emulator. I'm talking about the actual command line that you can see by pressing CTRL+ALT+F6.
The one you see in a server install of any distro.
I already said I had the font I want in urxvt.

I'm saying if it has more support
If it had more support that would be great. I would probably use it for gaming then. But now, it's not a very close goal as Windows is the most popular PC gaming platform.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:28:28 PM by blueblur121 »

Bump. How is it that noone knows this.

im dual booting windows 8.1 and ubuntu 14.04 lts

good choice

I'm considering buying another SSD to dual boot a distro with, would that be a good idea?

Awesome. I hope it has worked well for you. I, personally, cannot stand the Ubuntu desktop. I much prefer XFCE over any other.

And come on guys.
Help me with this thing that I've been asking for since halfway down page 2.

it has
i kinda forgeted up the first time making the partitions
i also use legacy bios because i don't have a new updated motherboard