A Rare Look Inside North Korea

Author Topic: A Rare Look Inside North Korea  (Read 1237 times)

That reminds me that North Korea has an empty city by the border filled with people paid to "live" there. The buildings are all empty, and the people there get transported in and out every day. I think the buildings are a lot nicer than most in North Korea to try to convince South Koreans to defect.

That reminds me that North Korea has an empty city by the border filled with people paid to "live" there. The buildings are all empty, and the people there get transported in and out every day. I think the buildings are a lot nicer than most in North Korea to try to convince South Koreans to defect.
it also holds the tallest flag tower in the world

i believe russia (circa 1700s?) at one point was in such extreme poverty the government hired actors to pretend they were rich and happy to show the queen as she went through the country
pretty much the same in nk but instead of being paid they're being threatened with their life to do it

Guys, these are pictures from inside Pyongyang; the only city that is actually kept nice and where all of the 'better-offs' in North Korea actually live.
Oh. Didn't know that.

i didn't say the same thing

iirc, they only let foreigners tour the nicest looking places of North Korea so it doesn't look so bad.