mus develops a language - stereotypical korean sounding update

Author Topic: mus develops a language - stereotypical korean sounding update  (Read 4312 times)

I'm 14. Do you think I am going to mess with that?
Uh yeah you should have learned prefixes/suffixes and their meanings by now.

Ugh, I meant, the meanings thing. I don't really understand what he's talking about, I'm just doing word-for-word.

You said you wanted to mess with runes, so here's a list of some runes. This isn't every single one, but rather the Anglo-Saxon set, with the sound in parenthesis.

ᚠ Feoh (F)
ᚢ Ur (U)
ᚦ Thorn (TH)
ᚩ Os (O)
ᚱ Rad (R)
ᚳ Cen (C)
ᚷ Giefu (G)
ᚹ Wynn (W)
ᚻ Haegel (H)
ᚾ Nyd (N)
ᛁ Is (I)
ᛄ Ger (J)
ᛇ Eeoh (EO)
ᛈ Peord (P)
ᛉ Eolh (X)
ᛋ Sigil (S)
ᛏ Tyr (T)
ᛒ Beorc (B)
ᛖ Eoh (E)
ᛗ Mann (M)
ᛚ Lagu (L)
ᛝ Ing (NG)
ᛞ Darg (D)
ᛟ Ethel (OE)
ᚪ Ac (A)
ᚫ Aesc (AE)
ᚣ Yr (Y)
ᛡ Ior (IA/IO)
ᛠ Ear (EA)
ᛣ Kalk (K)

If you're getting rectangles or question marks, it means you don't have a rune-compatible font installed. Segoe UI Symbol (sans, default on Win 8), Code2000 (serif), and Unifont (mono, might be default on Linux) all support runes.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:32:33 PM by TristanLuigi »

The sentence structure should be different or it turns into some sort of crypto talk or some stuff, because you're just replacing words with other words.
except it is different... he's using OSV. longer and more complex sentences get changed a lot when you use that

Most of us aren't brain-dead enough to invent the horribly handicapped structure and complex, arbitrary set of rules most languages use today.
Most of these complexities are actually extremely helpful in conveying a more concise meaning or freeing up other areas of the language.
Here's a few examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYlVJlmjLEc
I'm 14. Do you think I am going to mess with that?
You're I.
You're literally I but younger.
Keep doing this now, and you'll study linguistics as you go.

That said word for word conlangs aren't really languages at all, they're just ciphers.
Other conlangers (and people in general) make the assumption people who make them are generally young and just starting out.
But we all gotta start somewhere I suppose.

An excerpt from my book on the Syerjchep language detailing a few things about the alphabet:

Doing a word for world translation is just making it harder on you. Come up with some root words and a way your words are formed and you wont have to think up as many words.

Doing a word for world translation is just making it harder on you. Come up with some root words and a way your words are formed and you wont have to think up as many words.
This. And don't just pull them out of your ass, make them have some sort of etymology.

This. And don't just pull them out of your ass, make them have some sort of etymology.
Mine do. Theyre altered from past language attempts

Will follow advice

Updated the rune list, a few things were wrong.

Wrong - ypsalløs
Maybe - ypæsa
Tea - juπ
All - mosso
Natural - yaþarra
High-quality - opistos
Uses/using - uπþa
Has/comes with/with - adasio
Before/prefix - ∂a 
After/suffix - þja
Enjoy - priπ
Taste - bed
For its - fasaπ
Because - yπ
Come - yabno
Together - multas
This - tís
Has - mü

"This tea has an all natural taste."

OSV
(HAS and possessive words in that vein are exclusions, and go before the O.)
"Has all natural taste this tea"
"Mü, mosso yaþarra bed tís juπ"

"Moo, mosso ya(hard K)arra bad tees jupli"

Thanks for the runes, I'll get that later.

By the way, before I compile this into one huge-ass list, ∂ is pronounced like "ari"

We need swear words.

Taste - bed

Do you eat beds, Muslim?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:14:58 PM by Zanaran2 »

Taste - bed

Do you eat beds, Muslim?
I took "taste" added "bud" put a space between and replaced the U. That's my process for that word

We need swear words.
forget is Fachh
stuff is ßess
Bitch is ßeisch