Author Topic: Blockland Steam Mac no saves  (Read 1606 times)

Alright, so I've had blockand on mac for a few years now, but I've recently bought the Steam version, for Mac again.

So I've had the same issues as everybody at first; every time I started playing the game asked me to input my preferences about mouse, keyboard and internet connexion even thought I already did it. The game would also tell me that my preferences couldn't be saved. I did what everybody told me: I copied the config and client files from my original blockland folder (in documents) to my steam blockland folder (library/steam/steamapps/common/blockland) which fixed that problem, or so I thought.

Blockland now has my preferences. But It appears that the problem was not that the Steam version of Blockland on Mac can't save preferences, the problem is that the Steam version of Blockland on Mac can't save anything.

I start a singleplayer server, I build something, I save it, it reacts normally, but then it's not saved. It does not appear in the saves list when I click on the load button or save button. If I clear bricks or if I want to work on my construction later on, I can't load it. It's lost forever.
Also, if I enable add-ons, they won't appear in-game. And the next time I will go to the add-on selection menu, the add-ons I enabled earlier would have been disabled, as if I never enabled them in the first place.

So I can't save anything and I can't use add-ons. Wow. Those are seriously 2 game-breaking issues. Please, if someone has a solution or any explanation to why this problem is, please write it down in the comments. This is serious.
Also, please don't give me that "the solution is not to buy overpriced aluminium boxes" bullstuff. My Mac has no problems besides from Blockland and I have no intentions to replace it just for one game.

Post your console.log after attempting to save something.

This?

Your console log doesn't mention anything about actually saving. Either you never actually saved the build or you're doing something wrong(which you probably are, because a bunch of stuff seems to be set to read-only for no reason - musiclist.cs, ADD_ON_LIST.cs, and prefs.cs appear to be set to read-only.).

Also, turn shaders off. Your computer doesn't seem to work with them.
Code: [Select]
Creating shader program from shaders/Minimum_vert.glsl and shaders/Minimum_frag.glsl...
Cannot load shader 'shaders/Minimum_vert.glsl'

I simply downloaded Blockland off steam, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with my files. And yes I saved, and I'm doing it right. As I said, I've been owning this game for a couple of years. Also, shaders are completely disabled for the mac-steam version, so for some reason they are set on max, but they don't show up.

If I remember correctly, it's an issue with where the Blockland game folder is located at on the steam version.
I believe it's in the library folder of Mac, and it can't save the game preferences and the saves because it doesn't have the right rights to.
I don't know if there is a solution to fix it, or if it can even be fixed without having the Blockland game saved somewhere else.

I found the solution the solution. So if anyone else is wondering, here's own to fix it.

For some reason, the file called "blockland" in the steamapps folder is broken or something. By replacing it with a functioning blockland launcher for macs, it works.

You need to go to your blockland folder (library/applicationsupport/steam/steamapps/common/blockland)
There should be a file simply called "blockland"    delete it.
Go to the blockland.us website and download the demo for mac. Put it in the folder you just opened. Place it there, and rename it as "Blockland".
So basically, you are just replacing the steam file with a new one.

Make sure to read other threads before posting, there is another thread on this topic in which I gave this solution.