Just got my wisdom teeth out

Author Topic: Just got my wisdom teeth out  (Read 995 times)

I had three it only took like 30 minutes and I don't remember a thing.
Took two hydros an hour ago and they are finally starting to kick in.
This stuff sucks lol

Don't use a straw, wear that ice pack thing like crazy.

I fell asleep for 14 hours after surgery with the icepack on constantly and I had absolutely no pain or discomfort during recovery. I'm just attributing it to the fact that the ice probably helped a lot with the post-op inflammation and since I was sleeping my surgery sites probably had enough time to make some hella strong clots.

tl;dr, go to sleep with the ice pack on right now

I have two icepacks strapped to my cheeks and have been watching game of thrones lol
Tried to sleep a couple times but to no avail

I have two icepacks strapped to my cheeks and have been watching game of thrones lol
Tried to sleep a couple times but to no avail
Also, change out your gauze every 4 hours or so (very slowly, of course).

If you don't keep up with that crap in your mouth its going to be gross

really gross

lol I didn't have any gauze or pain after I had mine removed, I just had a few stitches in my gum.
I had to chew with the other side of my mouth and that's about it.

lmao

Also, change out your gauze every 4 hours or so (very slowly, of course).

I've been doing it every 30 minutes just because it grosses me out.

I've been doing it every 30 minutes just because it grosses me out.
yeah don't do that, you need blood to stay in your mouth so that it forms a strong clot and I'm guessing whenever you remove gauze it probably takes some of that with it. your blood has platelets in it that bind cells together so that your surgical site can close.

yeah don't do that, you need blood to stay in your mouth so that it forms a strong clot and I'm guessing whenever you remove gauze it probably takes some of that with it. your blood has platelets in it that bind cells together so that your surgical site can close.
ohh makes sense I'll start leaving them in for longer

i'm scared about having mine removed because in the xrays that were taken back when i had my braces done, they were pretty much sideways in my gums. and i'm apparently supposed to be getting them in in a year or so so uh
i'm super pain sensitive too and i already know that shots in my gums hurt and that laughing gas doesn't affect me at all

laughing gas doesn't affect me at all
this could be a problem...

I can kind of feel mine right underneath my gums.  I don't think they'll have to get removed though.

i'm scared about having mine removed because in the xrays that were taken back when i had my braces done, they were pretty much sideways in my gums. and i'm apparently supposed to be getting them in in a year or so so uh
i'm super pain sensitive too and i already know that shots in my gums hurt and that laughing gas doesn't affect me at all

My dentist just did local injections so I couldn't feel a thing in my mouth at all.
I did a couple hours later and all we had was Tylenol, which I can't take, so I was in some tremendous pain.

I'm part of the 1% of people that are resistant to Anesthetics

surgeries are not fun for me