Walk's Maze TDM

Author Topic: Walk's Maze TDM  (Read 1802 times)

WALK's Maze TDM
Welcome to The Maze.  A long, windy, and confusing labyrinth that you are sure to become stuck in.  

..and to make matters worse- you are being hunted.  Join your team in an attempt to reach the other side of the maze, all while fighting the opposing players.  Turning corners, up and down ramps, and through corridors, keep your eyes peeled and gun ready.  

(A shot of the maze layout is not given in order to maintain its secrecy)

Suggestions:
  • Using your light will alert others of your location, try to keep it off..
  • Firing your gun will also alert others.  Only shoot when needed
  • Hide behind provided pillars to mask yourself
  • Change your location.. a lot.
  • Use at-least minimum shaders to achieve a more 'immersive' effect

The server is now open, feel free to join at any time.  If you have any questions, feel free to comment them below.  Thank you, and good luck!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:25:35 AM by WALK2222 »

Quick restart occurring

Fixed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:14:07 PM by WALK2222 »

Welcome to The Maze.  A long, windy, and confusing labyrinth that you are sure to become stuck in. 

Interesting concept.

;)

oooh this looks neat

You should add popups and random scary noises, screams when people die, random screams, etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:50:43 PM by Racerboy »

You used it's wrong.

But anyays, this looks pretty goodM Will play sometime.

You used it's wrong.

Where??

oh hey that looks really neat and --

Use at-least minimum shaders to achieve a more 'immersive' effect

can we have some screenshots for those who cannot into shaders?

You used it's wrong.

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out.  Obviously the usage section in my English class didn't work out too well.

oh hey that looks really neat and --

can we have some screenshots for those who cannot into shaders?

Here is what the lighting looks like with shaders off, then on minimum.  Obviously they both don't look too hot, but Minimum makes it a bit darker.  Shaders on Low or Medium are the best bet, (obviously unless you can run them on higher settings)

You should add popups and random scary noises, screams when people die, random screams, etc.

That sounds like a great idea, I'll look into adding that.

Thanks for all of the support guys, hopefully the server becomes pretty populated sometime today.  I'll be updating it with new features regularly.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:20:18 AM by WALK2222 »

Also shouldn't it be darker with shaders on?

Also shouldn't it be darker with shaders on?

It is, the image to the left is with shaders off.  The image to the right is with them set to Minimum

It is, the image to the left is with shaders off.  The image to the right is with them set to Minimum
Oh, I read that wrong

I thought you said "Here is what it is with shaders minimum, and then off."

Which made me think minimum was left.

Goddamnit. I really need a new computer. I keep running into the whole "It looks better with shaders!" problem.

Oh, I read that wrong

I thought you said "Here is what it is with shaders minimum, and then off."

Which made me think minimum was left.

That's alright, simple mistake.

Goddamnit. I really need a new computer. I keep running into the whole "It looks better with shaders!" problem.

You'd most likely only need a new graphics card, unless you're using a laptop.  It's a bit harder to exchange graphics hardware with laptops, as it's normally built into the motherboard.