Author Topic: cannot change my avatar  (Read 1489 times)

once again i cannot change my avatar. i click change profile and it does nothing. help.

The avatar thing has been broken for a while now. Keep trying or give up. Sorry.

Mine seems to work just fine. Try making the image exactly 75x75 , and as a png instead of a jpg.

its broken only with gifs

At one point in time people speculated that certain image editors might be being blocked by the forums. You may wish to try saving/exporting the file with different editors and see what happens.

At one point in time people speculated that certain image editors might be being blocked by the forums. You may wish to try saving/exporting the file with different editors and see what happens.
I don't think images contain the editor information within them.

I don't think images contain the editor information within them.
a lot of information can be kept in an image besides the image itself. like what camera took a picture, where it took it, what time it was, etc.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=513488.0

Also cloudflare(?) keeps caches on the website, so it doesn't change avatars, even if you see it as changed. I know Muslim changed his avatar once and no one else could see it apart from him, then like 2-3 days later, when cloudflare reset it's cache on forum.blockland.us it showed up.

Also cloudflare(?) keeps caches on the website, so it doesn't change avatars, even if you see it as changed. I know Muslim changed his avatar once and no one else could see it apart from him, then like 2-3 days later, when cloudflare reset it's cache on forum.blockland.us it showed up.
Which is what I want to be happening right now. But it hasn't happened yet. I changed it a month ago.

Which is what I want to be happening right now. But it hasn't happened yet. I changed it a month ago.
Wow I just Ctrl F5'd and your avatar changed.

No edit but so did bamboo's. Now it is the stick dude throwing a TV instead of him painting.