Author Topic: Door events reload even after being cleared?  (Read 938 times)

Whenever I clear the events on one of the default door bricks (so that the doors can not be opened). I save the bricks and then when I load them the events come back. Is this something with the game or some mods im using?

The door bricks have code that sets up these events right after you build or load them. The events are preloaded on the brick. Normal bricks won't do this.

Is there any way to prevent this on certain doors only?

The door bricks have code that sets up these events right after you build or load them. The events are preloaded on the brick. Normal bricks won't do this.
why? aren't events saved with a save? what's the point in them doing that?

They do that so that the door works. That's pretty much it. I don't know why it doesn't want you to modify its events.

I'm pretty sure you can take a look at the door add-on's code and remove the packaged function in there called fxDTSBrick::onLoadPlant() to fix it. You would also have to make this zip read only. This will prevent you from getting updates to the door bricks though, so when updates are released just allow writing to the file, update, and do the same thing again I guess. Don't be surprised if something breaks later on.

Alternatively, you can just copy the add on and rename it to something else. Then just modify the names of the data blocks and ui names and remove the onLoadPlant code.  This is a better option.