Author Topic: Client_IDSearch V2  (Read 10357 times)

It's only a matter of time before some moron decides to DDOS it.
inb4 ddos?

get banned
It's not that big of a deal
but you should be credited.

GUI looks a little bit familiar...
-snip-
get banned
Quote from: Badspot
They ported someone else's add-on and did a crappy job

This wasn't ported over and I didn't do a crappy job. No reason to get banned sense they look the same.

This wasn't ported over and I didn't do a crappy job. No reason to get banned sense they look the same.
They don't just "look the same," you stole the files.

I suppose this is just a coincidence, then?

They don't just "look the same," you stole the files.

I suppose this is just a coincidence, then?

If it was ported over I would've used the script that came with it to make it work with the current version of BL. I wrote the script from scratch.

At least give credit for the GUI.

If it was ported over I would've used the script that came with it to make it work with the current version of BL. I wrote the script from scratch.

Wrote from scratch my ass. You literally replaced IDL in profiles.cs with IDS

client.cs line 228 in yours:

Wrote from scratch my ass. You literally replaced IDL in profiles.cs with IDS

I said the scripts, I didn't say the GUI.

I said the scripts, I didn't say the GUI.

This:
Using TomTom's client database of ID's as well as names, he created a client-search tool. So I slapped a GUI onto it to make it look nice and pretty.

Implies the main feature of this add-on is your magical GUI.

This:
Implies the main feature of this add-on is your magical GUI.

Sorry for being misleading? I could give less than two stuffs really? It's not like I tried to coverup or hide the fact that I used the profile, and basic look of that add-on. There's a reason it's not named Client_IDLookup. I'm just proud of the scripting side that I did.

It's not like I tried to coverup or hide the fact that I used the profile, and basic look of that add-on.

You did not show any clue that anyone else other than you had anything to do with the GUI until I pointed it out.

And stop saying it's the "basic look." You just changed some words around and resized it. It's insulting.

You did not show any clue that anyone else other than you had anything to do with the GUI until I pointed it out.

Well if anybody asked I wouldn't try to hide it, or if someone said something.

And stop saying it's the "basic look." You just changed some words around and resized it. It's insulting.

So I took more than the basic look of it? Please do go on. If I took more than the look then tell me how the client.cs file and .gui file are exactly alike, seeing as to how I can't say that I just used the basic, barebone, look.

So I took more than the basic look of it? Please do go on. If I took more than the look then tell me how the client.cs file and .gui file are exactly alike, seeing as to how I can't say that I just used the basic, barebone, look.

forgot to change something there?

So
Code: [Select]
function IDL_PushGui()
{
canvas.pushDialog(IDL_Gui);
IDL_Lookup();
}
Is so much like
Code: [Select]
function IDS_PushGui()
{
    canvas.pushDialog(IDS_Gui);

IDS_Header.setValue("Search Result");

%x = getWord(getRes(), 0);
    %y = getWord(getRes(), 1);
    %x = %x/2-235;
    %y = %y/2-180;
    IDS_Window.position = %x@" "@%y;

IDS_Name0.setValue("N/A");
    IDS_BLID0.setValue("N/A");
    IDS1.visible=0;
    IDS2.visible=0;
    IDS3.visible=0;
    IDS4.visible=0;
    IDS_link1.visible=1;
    IDS_link1.position=("116 155");
    IDS_Window.extent=("470 180");
    IDS_PageDisplay.visible=0;
    IDS_Page.visible=0;

$IDS_Pages=0;
    $IDS_Page=1;
    $IDS_Errors=0;
}

Also, just use this , so much easier than bitching.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:53:32 PM by Thorfin25 »