Author Topic: Kitchen Brick Props (Microwave)  (Read 23652 times)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:02:11 AM by Daniel.S »

I think there is a much higher demand for smaller kitchen props.
knives, frying pans, blenders, and microwaves would all be very useful props. cabinets, fridges, and stoves can easily be made with bricks with little to no building skill.

In England all most every house the kitchens have washing machines in the kitchen... That's where i got the idea of washing machines
I approve of this.

Ugh, my internet isn't loading most of the images. Microwave looks cool though!

Make a brick pack please.

Fancy Microwave picture, good work!

Make a brick pack please.

Sorry that they are not all in 1 pack because i don't know how to do that
Learn to read
Just doing what he does to me :P http://i.gyazo.com/42c71716ed44cf8d045f3d42302ff225.png
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:58:16 PM by Daniel.S »

Learn to read
Then find out how to do it? I'm pretty sure someone who makes bricks can tell you how, having each brick separate increases the datablock and it's just a bad way to organize bricks of the same theme.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:07:21 PM by Filipe »

You could also carefully look at some brick packs' .cs files to figure out how they work and apply that knowledge to make it into a pack. It shouldn't be too complex, so that should be relatively easy to accomplish through that method.

There are 2 methods:

1) Use exec.
Essentially, make each brick a separate .cs file just like you did the server.cs, and then in the server.cs, simply exec everything. This can also be combined with the second method. I would recommend against this since it's a bit dumb compared to the second method. However, you should use this for any big amounts of code because it's actually just easier to search for things while you're making the bricks and all, and it would allow people to manually customize the pack more or less by commenting out the execs for high amounts of bricks.

For instance, you would have 4 files brick1.cs to brick4.cs.
The server.cs would look like this:
Code: [Select]
exec("./brick1.cs");
exec("./brick2.cs");
exec("./brick3.cs");
exec("./brick4.cs");

2) One after the other
Heavily recommended, simply slam the codes of the bricks after each other. Just make sure not to use same datablocks but this is a basic since you should not use same datablocks as anything else to begin with.
For instance, I have this copied from my brickpack:
Code: [Select]
datablock fxDTSBrickData (brickShakerData)
{
brickFile = "./Shaker.blb";
canCover = true;
category = "Special";
subCategory = "Decoration";
uiName = "Shaker";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Brick_LLDecoration/Shaker";
};

datablock fxDTSBrickData (brickOctoGrillData)
{
brickFile = "./OctoGrill.blb";
canCover = true;
category = "Special";
subCategory = "Decoration";
uiName = "Octogrill";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Brick_LLDecoration/Octogrill";
};
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:43:01 AM by LeetZero »

They are all pretty cool and well done models.

But I don't understand why people need to use props. What's wrong with just building the appliances?
I'm actually using this for my Prop Hunt Server :D

Pretty much all I needed was the microwave.

Here you are, nice and packaged all in one. It's really quite easy to do, if you continue to make amazing bricks like this then you should package them.

Brick_KitchenPack.zip

Also one thing I noticed was some of you units have interiors built into them, were you planning on animating them? Like the doors, or is that just something you did while modeling to make it easier?

Here you are, nice and packaged all in one. It's really quite easy to do, if you continue to make amazing bricks like this then you should package them.

Brick_KitchenPack.zip
Thanks for doing something OP was too lazy to even learn how to do, I might actually consider downloading now

Thanks for doing something OP was too lazy to even learn how to do, I might actually consider downloading now
No i am not too lazy to do it, i did try to do it but it was just spawning 64x64x94 bricks so don't come out with this bullstuff if you don't know what your loving saying... That pissed me off how you say "too lazy"

Brick_KitchenPack.zip

Also one thing I noticed was some of you units have interiors built into them, were you planning on animating them? Like the doors, or is that just something you did while modeling to make it easier?
I was going to but i could not find out how to make them into doors, so i just left them for time being. Thank you for making the pack as well
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:28:46 PM by Daniel.S »