Which is your favorite army?

Royal Army
0 (0%)
Arcane Army
0 (0%)
Neo Army
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Core Conflict  (Read 1113 times)

Core Conflict
About: A turnbased strategy game, community driven to an extent. It's kinda like Advance Wars if you've ever played that, but with some certain changes.
      General rules: Commands are done by specifying which allied unit should move and attack if able. I will choose the best out of the batch until the next update. It is easier to do if one makes a copy of the image file and draws out the path of the unit. Purchasing units follows the same concept. Major choices will be decided on a poll.
     Info:
Cities: Provides +4 defense to units within. Generates 1000 Gold at the start of every turn to their allies, repairs an allied unit by two if they are within instead. Can be upgraded into different buildings after being captured.
Woods: Provides +2 defense to units within. Enemies are invisible in these during fog of war. reduces unit speed by -1.
Plains: Provides +1 defense to units within.
Sea: Can only be traversed by air or naval units.
Bridge: Functions like a road.
Road: Provides no defense, but +1 speed to units.
River: Cannot be traversed by land vehicle units. Slows down infantry units by -1 and offers no defense.
Mountain: Provides 4+ defense to units within. Can only be traversed by infantry and air units.

Lore: In the far future, the post apocalyptic world has been reborn with the power of Cores, giant energy spheres that have embedded themselves within the Earth. There are few that possess the power and skill to harness the raw energy they produce, but those who do are considered the leader of Man.

King Arthur - A descendant of the famous hero of legend, King Arthur has claimed the throne through heraldry, but must keep it by complete the legendary quests that have been told in the stories. His determination and willpower are shown on the battlefield, he commands his units with zeal and have dedicated his life to keeping his people safe from monsters and opposing armies.

Merlin - A descendant of the great wizard himself, Merlin still plays a role in helping King Arthur fulfill his destiny, often teaching him new skills to use on the battlefield. The sorcerer himself is the head of many apprentices, and even has his own personal army comprised of mages and constructs.

Eroc Reidlos - His true name lost, Eroc Reidlos has obtained the power of a Core and became an extraordinary general. Recovering the Earth's previous era of machinery, he plans to bring back technology to the lands, and rule over them himself. Though he used to be allies with King Arthur, their friendship drifted apart as Eroc Reidlos became more interested in his ideals.

ARMIES
Royal Army

Buildings

Royal Forge: Used to create vehicles and further upgrade buildings. [3000 G]
Royal Barracks: Used to send out infantry units. [1000 G]
Royal Stables: Upgraded barracks used to deploy horse riders. [2500 G]

Infantry:
Royal Warrior - ATT[5] DEF[3] SPD[3] [1000 G]
Royal Knight - ATT[6] DEF[4] SPD[2] [3000 G]

Other Units:
Royal Steed - ATT[3] DEF[3] SPD[5] - Recon [2000 G]
Royal Chariot - ATT[4] DEF[4] SPD[5] - Recon [4000 G]
Royal Cannon - ATT[5] DEF[3] SPD[3] RNG [3] - Artillery [6000 G]
Royal Siege Tower - ATT[0] DEF[5] SPD[4] - APC: Can hold 1 set of infantry units. [4500 G]

Arcane Army

Buildings

Arcane Library: Used to create constructs, which work mostly like vehicles. Also unlocks further upgrade paths. [3000 G]
Arcane Academy: Used to train magicians and wizards. [1000 G]
Arcane Temple: An upgraded academy that gives access to more powerful units. [3000 G]

Infantry:
Arcane Magician ATT[6] DEF[2] SPD[2] [2000 G]
Arcane Wizard ATT[7] DEF[3] SPD[2] [4000 G]

Other Units:
Arcane Orb - ATT[5] DEF[2] SPD[3] - Tank [5000 G]
Arcane Seer - ATT[5] DEF[2] SPD[2] RNG [3] - Artillery [6000 G]
Arcane Trailblazer - ATT[5] DEF[0] SPD[3] - Special: Causes up to three previous tiles to catch on fire, dealing 1 point of damage to any enemy unit on top of it by the end of the turn. Deals 3 damage to units in a + shape once destroyed. [8000 G]
Arcane Portal - ATT[0] DEF[5] SPD[4] -  APC: Can hold 1 set of infantry units. [4500 G]

Neo Army

Buildings

Neo Factory: Used to deploy vehicular units and unlock more upgrade paths. [3000 G]
Neo Base: Used to train gunmen and soldiers. [1000 G]
Neo Laboratory: An upgraded base that provides additional upgrade paths. [4500 G]

Infantry:
Neo Gunman ATT[4] DEF[4] SPD[3] [1000 G]
Neo Soldier ATT[5] DEF[5] SPD[2] [3000 G]

Other Units:
Neo Jeep - ATT[5] DEF[3] SPD[5] - Recon [3500 G]
Neo Tank - ATT[7] DEF[5] SPD[4] - Tank [7000 G]
Neo Artillery - ATT[6] DEF[4] SPD[3] RNG [3] - Artillery [7000 G]
Neo APC - ATT[0] DEF[7] SPD[4] -  APC: Can hold 1 set of infantry units. [5000 G]

Current Level

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:50:50 PM by Camera »

: A Core has been sighted a few days travel from the castle, my lord. There's no doubt Eroc Reidlos has already begun to take the power for himself.
: Bah, he'll regret messing with the order of the world! But how will we compete against his technology?
: I've developed a magical item with the help of some my Arcane Keepers, it would allow us to command our units from a safe distance. Right now I've set it up so that we could practice using it with apparitions of our actual troops. If you would, your skills as a general could use some brushing up with a game or sorts.
: I see... Very well then! Lets begin!

: As a reminder, I'll let you know that it's of utmost importance to capture as many settlements as you can. It would grant you economical usage and tactical advantages.
: Yes, and if I will win the battle if I manage to capture the opposing forces' headquarters or defeat everyone on the battlefield.
: Correct, but keep in mind that settlements that have been recaptured by the enemy would cause them to demolish any specialized buildings that may have been put there. A full squad should be able to reclaim an enemy territory in 4 days, and 2 for neutral settlements.

I'll let you have the first go, I recommend establishing some barracks at the village near your castle. You'll start with 5000 Gold as funds.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:58:42 PM by Camera »

Does this work? I added two barracks (2000 G) with 3000 G left over.

You have to move an infantry unit to an existing settlement to claim it, then upgrade it.

Ah, my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

By the way, the warrior has 4 speed (3+1 from road) meaning it can move up to 4 spaces

By the way, the warrior has 4 speed (3+1 from road) meaning it can move up to 4 spaces
Thanks, I'm just moving there because that's a spot I want to claim.

DAY 2

- Arcane Magician has begun capturing the top village.