Author Topic: I got my Report card Today.  (Read 6841 times)

i got C's and D's cause i literally didn't care about school at all the entire year

oh well

that sucks

gonna end up like me and having to join the military because you couldnt get into the college you wanted :v

how can anyone get below a c unless you really try hard to do so. never understood it.

that sucks

gonna end up like me and having to join the military because you couldnt get into the college you wanted :v
it was only freshman year, i dont really think im doomed yet

it was only freshman year, i dont really think im doomed yet
lots of schools will mainly just look at your 'trend' over 4 years but having a 2.0 put into your cumulative GPA will probably keep you from getting into harvard or something

I'm pretty sure I got a C in English. I'm forgeted. My parents are the pushy type, basically, they think they're Asian.

My parents bite my head off if any of my grades sink below A.

School is usually pretty easy for me though, so I don't frequently have problems.

My dad is secretly asian. When I got a B in chem, I couldn't eat for a week got my computer taken away for a few days. Chemistry is confusing yo

lots of schools will mainly just look at your 'trend' over 4 years but having a 2.0 put into your cumulative GPA will probably keep you from getting into harvard or something
okay, so my dad is the kind of guy who will bring up stanford when considering my grades because he's concerned that i won't have all the available college options by the end of high school.

i got a 4.0 freshman year fairly easily, but this year (sohpomore) i got a single B+ (it was like 88.9%, i'm pissed about it) making my cumulative GPA 3.96, and he has vaguely threatened to take my computer from me because he thinks a B like that will make me lose the ability to get into stanford.
it's not like i plan on going to stanford anyways, but that seems absolutely ridiculous to me. i just don't know if it's actually ridiculous.

Bye bird forgeter.

User was banned for this post

Should have said bye to everyone else

OT: I would love to have the grading policy your school has

My dad is secretly asian. When I got a B in chem, I couldn't eat for a week got my computer taken away for a few days. Chemistry is confusing yo
How many cheeseburgers would I have to burn to boil a 500g block of water starting at 0C STP if each cheeseburger contains 550KJ of energy and we assume that no energy is lost from the system?

okay, so my dad is the kind of guy who will bring up stanford when considering my grades because he's concerned that i won't have all the available college options by the end of high school.

i got a 4.0 freshman year fairly easily, but this year (sohpomore) i got a single B+ (it was like 88.9%, i'm pissed about it) making my cumulative GPA 3.96, and he has vaguely threatened to take my computer from me because he thinks a B like that will make me lose the ability to get into stanford.
If having a 3.98 GPA will disqualify you from getting into Stanford, then I'm totally forgeted. So far I have a 3.96 or so and I'm not really worried too much about the 0.04 difference. Essentially for most colleges GPA is just the first thing they disqualify people on, and as long as you are above a 3.8 or so, most colleges won't care. There's even tons of people on college websites that apply to Yale and Stanford and get in with only a 3.5 GPA. What's far more important is what classes you took and your SAT scores and junk.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:49:22 PM by SeventhSandwich »

Bye bird forgeter.

User was banned for this post
I'm impressed, you lasted 2 days before loving up.

that sucks

Doesn't serving in the military pay for your college expenses?

yeah, but im pretty sure you need to have that college accept your first
the military doesn't give you a free pass into whatever school you want

yeah but i'd rather have gotten scholarships that wouldve paid for it all than having to serve 6 years in the navy for it haha

How many cheeseburgers would I have to burn to boil a 500g block of water starting at 0C STP if each cheeseburger contains 550KJ of energy and we assume that no energy is lost from the system?

We didn't learn about that in my class, so I'm not exactly sure if I did this right. I admit I just looked up an equation.

Code: [Select]
Energy = Mass * Heat Capacity of water * Change in temperature

Energy = 500g * 4.18 * 100

Energy = 20900 J or 20.9 kJ

So would it take about 0.038 of a cheeseburger? I'm really not sure if I did this right, but it's always good to learn something!