Author Topic: The Vinyl Megathread - Anything and Everything to do with Vinyl Records  (Read 19027 times)

Yea vinyl!! It's like I can hear the instruments falling down the stairs when I listen to anything except vinyls!

i really don't hear a difference with my copy of yoshimi, but am i going to return it because pink robots aren't attacking me? no.

i just like the novelty of vinyl, not the whole VINYL IS SUPERIOR TO CD!!! it isn't (most of the time.) some vinyl is indeed mastered @48khz/24bit (Studio Quality/DAT Tape) rather than 44.1khz/16bit (CD), but not all is actually mastered that way *cough*pre-2000s vinyls aren't*cough*

I love vinyl, I got into it a few months ago and I definitely prefer it to digital, plus I love to get my favorite music in its original format.

I have a few 45s and a bunch of LPs, and I plan on continuing to build my collection.

Sadly, I made the mistake of getting this as a turntable

CROSLEY EW.

na, as long as you don't play it too much you're fine. i literally spent 35 dollars on my turntable and it's actually REALLY good.

it has some things that mack's doesn't really have (manual cue lever, platter that doesn't wobble, fully automatic) but the one thing i should get soon is a new cartridge.

i have a old audio technica cartridge and he has a ortofon omega cartridge. i could get a ortofon cartridge but they're VERY expensive and i'm prolly going to opt in for a better audio technica one.

Yea vinyl!! It's like I can hear the instruments falling down the stairs when I listen to anything except vinyls!

not

lel that was supposed to just provide a basic example/description

thank you for clarifying though

thats all cool, but how the hell are you gunna hear Hatsune Miku or KOAN sound on a vinyl.

i think it would be fun to own a vinyl or two but i just dont like any of the music from that erra. maybe is there was a read/write vinyl player for my pc, but (as far as i know) there isnt. which is why i will never own a vinyl

You can still get most things on vinyl. For instance, I've got a Falconer album and a HammerFall album on vinyl, both released in the last six years.

can you add this to the thread or edit it in any way you like? i didn't have time to read through the whole thing, so...

Vinyl was removed from the mainstream in 1991. Although it continues to be used by DJ's and extraterrestrial music producers, to most people it is out of heart.

Examples of vinyl still being made:

Leon Vynehall - Butterflies

Geeneus Vs. Wizzbit - Rinse Rec. Vol. 1

You should add some more examples, but, I can contribute to this thread. I happen to own a few records myself, and I listen to a lot of underground music.

For new releases, you can check out http://juno.co.uk and/or Discogs.

thats all cool, but how the hell are you gunna hear Hatsune Miku or KOAN sound on a vinyl.

i think it would be fun to own a vinyl or two but i just dont like any of the music from that erra. maybe is there was a read/write vinyl player for my pc, but (as far as i know) there isnt. which is why i will never own a vinyl

those kinda bands are totally digital. anything japan (i love group_inou OK) is gonna be CD. this is why they have bonus tracks on their CDs most of the time.

CROSLEY EW.

na, as long as you don't play it too much you're fine. i literally spent 35 dollars on my turntable and it's actually REALLY good.

it has some things that mack's doesn't really have (manual cue lever, platter that doesn't wobble, fully automatic) but the one thing i should get soon is a new cartridge.

i have a old audio technica cartridge and he has a ortofon omega cartridge. i could get a ortofon cartridge but they're VERY expensive and i'm prolly going to opt in for a better audio technica one.
Yeah I'm gonna try to find a good old cheap one, most new ones that dont suck are $200+
And also yeah cartridges could be a problem too, as those often cost more than a turntable itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57bQyTUCfw
sick ass tune available on vinyl @ exit records.

Yeah I'm gonna try to find a good old cheap one, most new ones that dont suck are $200+
And also yeah cartridges could be a problem too, as those often cost more than a turntable itself

SOME do.

audiotechnica makes a really good one (pmount) for 20 bucks.

ortofon makes a an entry level one (1/2 inch mount) for about 60.

SOME do.

audiotechnica makes a really good one (pmount) for 20 bucks.

ortofon makes a an entry level one (1/2 inch mount) for about 60.
Yeah true, I didn't say all did. But I'll also need speakers and an amp and preamp and all that so it'll probably be a while

Yeah true, I didn't say all did. But I'll also need speakers and an amp and preamp and all that so it'll probably be a while

well, you don't need both a preamp and and amp.

if you want to use regular old PC speakers, you can get a phono preamp which allows you to technically use PC speakers with a RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

some receivers/amps have a phono preamp (like mine!) but then this means you need bookshelf or floorstanding speakers. i have the latter, and it's loving awesome.

(i put the speakers facing forwards instead on an angle and the dust covers are on now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57bQyTUCfw
sick ass tune available on vinyl @ exit records.

SO DISCLOSURE-LIKE!

they sound much better than cds

they sound much better than cds

no compression, raw sound. i have flat speakers too so this works wondrously.