Author Topic: Divinity - Original Sin  (Read 3967 times)

The next game in the Divinity series.

D:OS is an isometric, single player and co-op multiplayer RPG with tactical turn based combat, featuring an innovative co-op dialog system, a highly interactive, systemic and reactive world, classless character development, and lots of choice and consequence situations.
Shipped with the powerful editor the game was made with, allowing you to create your own single player and multiplayer adventures, and publish them online.

In-game images

Turn based combat

All combat is turn based. You get a certain amount of action points (AP). Each turn you will regain a certain amount of AP, out of a total max AP. Saving AP will result in having more AP in your next turn. AP is used to attack, move, use or equip items and use abilities.
Outside of combat, everything is real time, even when there's combat going on somewhere else.

Elements

There are four base elements which can be combined to create various 'surfaces' which can be used in or out of combat to your advantage.

Fire: Melts ice into water, evaporates water into steam which lowers visibility, ignites toxic clouds causing explosions.
Water: Puts out fires, can be used with lightning to damage a large amount of targets. Or heal yourself or allies.
Air: Throw around your enemies, or throw a crate at them. Create tornadoes to remove surfaces, or summon lightning to electrocute targets.
Earth: Create acidic goo which damages anything that stands in it or summon giant spiders to help you in battle.

The Divinity Engine Toolkit

D:OS comes with the very same toolkit that Larian Studios used to create D:OS. Coming with full Steam Workshop integration, making mods is easy. Create dialogues, scripts, maps, enemies, spells, items, etc.

News

June 30th: D:OS is finally released.

June 26th: The Divinity Engine toolkit beta on steam.
We're just waiting for Valve to press the button to make it go live so everyone can download it. They're busy with the summer sale.

April 2nd: D:OS goes beta
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:48:16 AM by boodals 2 »

Bump.

Looks like its on sale again for the encore day of the summer sale, only 20% off though because it isn't released. I'll probably buy it for a friend so we can play coop when its released.

i was going to get it, but turn-based combat ehehhhh

The turn based combat is one of the greatest parts of it. It lets you actually think and plan out what your doing. So its not spamming all the hotkeys to fire off as many different spells directly at the enemy as you can, but using each spell with care so you can maximize its effectiveness. You have to actually be smart.

Everything about this game looks so appealing and fun, it's just that for some reason turn-based combat has always been somewhat of a turnoff for me.

Everything about this game looks so appealing and fun, it's just that for some reason turn-based combat has always been somewhat of a turnoff for me.
It does slow down the game since combat is a big part.
But it still is fun.

Ahh, i remember the day i played with a friend and skipped a part of the story because we burned down a door of a house.
It took me a couple of minutes to do so, but the following chaos was well worth it.

Yay, the final release update is out. Its still saying that its early access on the steam page though.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/1659890368716231098?insideModal=0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:49:20 AM by boodals 2 »