Author Topic: Keybean, possible ddos I think?  (Read 3058 times)

So I was hanging out in Brickitect's server tonight when a guy named Radioactive comes in and says he knows who ddos'd my basketball server a few months back during the championship game. He says the guy's name is keybean ID 14815 but I've only seen his name mentioned in one post after searching it. I'd like to get to know more about him and what exactly happened. Images below:

how do you know he's not framing him
for example,

I didn't carry out that attack, he framed me because he hated how I made a drama about him.

I don't know anything that's why I posted this. Is Radioactive a known fool making stuff up or is Keybean a master hacker? I want to know any info you guys have.

AFAIK Radioactive and Keybean are good friends. Seems fishy.

well i mean he managed to get himself banned from the forums in a whopping 22 posts but that was like 2 years ago

his forum name and name on other things is jewishbusinessman if anyone's curious, he appears to have deleted his steam or something because it can't find the profile but yeah

About 1 mouth ago i never even seen DDOS now i see it all the time on topics... what is it?
When did it become global

The investigation begins again

About 1 mouth ago i never even seen DDOS now i see it all the time on topics... what is it?
they always happen

It floods servers with requests, weakening them, and crashing them. The term itself stands for denial of service attack, you can read more about it on this article, but you probably won't understand much: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack.

It's become a plague on this game and it's definitely some of the worst damage a client could do to a server.

what is it?
A DDoS (Distributed denial-of-service) attack is when a hacker like Okiver gets control of multiple computers called "zombies", which belong to innocent people. He then tells them to attack a single target, like a Blockland server or hosting service. The zombies are usually infected with some kind of virus which listens for commands from Okiver, and executes them. In this case, he asks them to flood a BL server with a load of random UDP packets, which clogs up the BL server's Internet connection.

Another popular form of DDoS which Blockland services have been hit with is a DrDoS (Distributed reflection denial-of-service) attack. This is a DDoS except the zombie computers are not infected with malware, and they use UDP. Okiver sends a request to the zombie, which we will assume is a network time server. Let's say "71.168.210.93" is the IP address of a hosting service which Okiver wants to attack.

A major weakness of UDP is that a sender can "spoof" the source IP address on a packet of data that they send. They can fake the originating address and make it look like it comes from somebody else. IP spoofing makes it harder to trace the attack back to Okiver.

So Okiver makes the source address "71.168.210.93" instead of his real IP address. Once the network time zombie receives the request, it thinks that the hosting service was the one who requested it. So it sends a very large reply to 71.168.210.93, and as a result, the hosting service's network is clogged up with the bogus replies, and legitimate data cannot flow.

Some popular types of zombie servers which are used to "reflect" requests are DNS, network time, and other game servers.

Hey but at least Ddos protection is affordable.

You know all about it since you were used as a zombie and were the target of a DDoS and a DrDoS

Hey but at least Ddos protection is affordable.
Uh...no. Even a big hosting service like RTB could not afford it.

actually most DDoS services don't use botnets as their source for DDoSing, most use their own dedicated servers, and as you said spoof the packets.

plus a server can be attacked using a variety of methods, not just UDP