what happens when a minecraft fanboy reviews blockland

Author Topic: what happens when a minecraft fanboy reviews blockland  (Read 7427 times)

err
i should've said tutorial
woops
edit comment
EDIT COMMENT

73/100 rust is better -IGN

"I know it's only a C.. but-"

>considering a game's quality based on graphics quality in the first place
you commented on the graphics, and you prefer Minecraft? are you blind
he argued that minecraft's graphics are equal or even stufftier than BL.

also when did i say graphics meant everything?

to be fair you guys weren't any better:
Minecraft has slightly better aesthetics, so the lack of graphic quality is negated.

Aesthetic is subjective. Personally I find Minecraft's aesthetic to be garish and hard to look at. Blockland is objectively a game that is more graphically demanding out of the box, that is a factual statement and cannot be refuted without being wrong. It's still a graphically poor game, no anti-aliasing to speak of without forcing it in another program like Nvidia control panel or something, poor lighting effects, low resolution, jaggy shadows, etc. But it is still a more graphically demanding game than Minecraft is, again, out of the box. (Minecraft can get forgetin' pretty if you mod the hell of out it though.)

he argued that minecraft's graphics are equal or even stufftier than BL.

But aside from the lack of jaggies and the anisotropic filtering (I think Minecraft has these, at any rate. It's been a while.) Minecraft is a loving stuffty looking game. Yes, the aesthetic can be nice, but it's not a graphically demanding game by any stretch of the imagination.

i commented on this a month ago

i commented on this a month ago
-snip-

And he still implies that minecraft isn't in the same age zone... phfahaha...

The point where he said that flying didn't exist in the game was wrong, but that was really the only bad part of the entire review. The part about the shaders wasn't entirely off the mark: they're horribly optimized and unless on the highest settings don't look very appealing compared to other games. It's reasonable, given the kind of game it is and how intensive rendering a lot of bricks can be on the GPU, but that doesn't mean the point is invalid. Minecraft has the same issue. It's easier to render a couple of massive shapes, like maps in other games, than it is to render a thousand small ones.

A big part of me feels as though you're only stuffting on this guy because he doesn't like the game. So what? Blockland isn't for everybody. Even then, he listed more good points about the game than bad, so the review was mostly positive towards the game, despite his personal opinion.

It's true that the review isn't perfect, and it's true that he could've looked a little deeper in the game to give more valid information about it, and it's true that he made more comparisons to minecraft than necessary, but did that honestly warrant the behavior some of you have been giving towards this guy? Did he honestly deserve the edgy, sarcastic and blatantly insulting behavior that the comments seem to be full of?

This is what always loving happens when anyone says anything bad about this game. Some of you act like it's the best thing since sliced bread and advocate others to troll the content creatures for stuffs and giggles. You are making an extremely bad example of our community as a vocal minority, and the only way people will buy the game is when it is on sale. I'd suggest that, instead of insulting the person who created this video, use constructive criticism so they'll be more likely to listen to what you say.

I can't say I expected better of you because this stuff happens every single time, and I'm nothing short of tired of it. I only wish making this post would change anything worth a damn.

man this guy pisses me off

the video literally cuts off in mid sentence how is this not a joke

kingdaro please do not wate your breath if this review wasnt a joke it was complete garbage

but guys

what's the wecommended amount of deditated wam for a server

esphere is loving handicapped and chappersteddy has a point
he means people judge the game by its looks

I do not approve

can we please just have one good blockland review? like ok there actually has been one it was that one guy that was mostly positive but he said $20 was too much which was pretty spot on but thats like the only good review i know about.
but guys

what's the wecommended amount of deditated wam for a server
NO

Its more the fact that he gives this game a bad name when yet he hasn't even played the main meat of the game that bothers us
Its like walking up to a random restaurant with a sign saying "THIS PLACE'S FOOD IS stuff" when yet you've never even tried the food.

Why is it so hard for people to transition from Minecraft to Blockland? I'm glad I got BL first