POLL - Should We Continue This? - Blockland Pitstop

Poll

Should we continue Blockland Pistop?

Yes, you should continue working on Blockland Pitstop
No, you should not work on Blockland Pitstop

Author Topic: POLL - Should We Continue This? - Blockland Pitstop  (Read 44531 times)

Are passwords hashed?

Hashed with salt. On top of that I wrote my own algorithm to make it extra secure. Hackers will never get it.

Hashed with salt. On top of that I wrote my own algorithm to make it extra secure. Hackers will never get it.

pls elaborate

let's say the owner has a grudge against you, they can log into your account and do stuff with it to frame you for stuff you didn't do.

get what I mean?
What log into your account on THEIR website? It's not like they can just manually frame stuff to you even without your account or anything...

On top of that I wrote my own algorithm to make it extra secure.

That's never a good sign.

i wanna know more about ur custom algorithm for extra security

Its just scrambles the variables that you input and adds it as a salt to the final hash. The hashing algorithm itself is MD5.

Neither myself, or any of the admins, have access to the password itself, as its a one way encryption.

Its just scrambles the variables that you input and adds it as a salt to the final hash. The hashing algorithm itself is MD5.

Neither myself, or any of the admins, have access to the password itself, as its a one way encryption.

MD5? Are you trying to give hackers the passwords?!

Use at least SHA1, SHA2 if possible.

sha256

Gonna use that instead. When I get back I will implement it.

I (and probably others) would like to see a little snip of the code you are doing to know what the progress is, and a status on the line number.

You've got my full support too, you came a lot farther than I expected you too. Nice work so far.

TOS leads to the main page of the website, so I assume there are currently none.

Add-on system is coming along nicely. A browse option would be cool. Great job so far.

it would be nice to have some form of conflict/incompatibility warning for add-ons that need them

it'll give your testers something to work on, at least