Poll

Should we continue Blockland Pistop?

Yes, you should continue working on Blockland Pitstop
No, you should not work on Blockland Pitstop

Author Topic: POLL - Should We Continue This? - Blockland Pitstop  (Read 44517 times)

Blockland Pitstop is a system that will include these features:
  • Users may upload user-made addons to a Content Management System
  • Users can Download any addon from the website or client
  • A client that will connect to our IRC channel
  • More features to come

BLP Client
The BLP Client is an addon that authenticates to the master server & IRC server, allowing users to download addons and chat with other users on the IRC channel. There might be private messaging, but there are arguments about using Steam as a primary alternative for Friends & Private Messaging. The client addon is technically a server addon too, as it gives users more options to customize their server.

Content Management System
The content management system is a database that stores addons that users have made & uploaded. Once the official release comes out, we will be looking for moderators that will fulfill their duties by checking each individual submitted addon, making sure it's safe, its not broken, and it's in the right category. Once the addon is approved, it will show up on the addons page, allowing regular users to download it from the client or website.

IRC Channel
This allows users to instantly chat in a public room. We will need channel operators when this comes out.

This project is under heavy development and will take time to complete, we need all your support. Feel free to post constructive criticism / suggestions / etc.

I will be posting updates on this topic and link them here:
4/7/14
4/7/14
5/7/14

Credits
Honno
Zeblote

Official Website: http://blp.blockstat.us
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:21:40 PM by Honno »

Half the site is in a different language and the buttons do literally nothing

other than that it seams neat-o

Its just a place holder. Its in latin so it doesn't distract the user from the layout.

ooooooooo mk.
well it looks nice, ill probably get this when it comes out! :D

Lol, nice original name.  Didn't happen to get it when I posted about renaming it to blockland Pitstop?  :P

How many times is this going to be deleted before you give up?

How many times is this going to be deleted before you give up?

it won't be it has an original name now

it won't be it has an original name now

It will be failed when it starts to go down the crap shoot, which it already is. Even with a different name it has some pretty 'interesting' features like being banned from the service because someone dramas you...

I am not trying to be mean, but 3 other people are trying the same stuff, and theirs weren't fail-binned. I do somewhat support you if you can pull it off. But with only one developer, doesn't create his own domain for the project, just uses a sub-domain from an already existing one which is completely different to the subject of the project here.

My suggestions would be to:
  • Create your own domain (I can host it for you if need be)
  • Complete your website before you open it publicly. There is no point to have a website advertising a product when you have not even filled in placeholders...

• Create your own domain (I can host it for you if need be)

I own the domain blockstat.us, I planned this ahead months ago, and I bought hosting a week or two ago.

• Complete your website before you open it publicly. There is no point to have a website advertising a product when you have not even filled in placeholders...

Yeah, you're right. Im probably gonna shutdown the website for now until I actually finish the website (style-wise)

Im still gonna work on the server sided content.

This is gonna die like BAM.

It's a temporary placeholder called Lorem Ipsum, and it's in development. :)

this will either be a complete failure at first, or nobody's gonna use it

Yeah, but BAM died because Port just stopped working on it (because he didn't want to I guess?), and Port knows what he is doing. This will die a completely different way because they don't know what they are doing.

I believe that language is called "You just copy pasted a default scheme to your website, so we filled it in with gibberish for ya :D" Seen it many times. Which in turn means that the site is still under heavy development. And honestly I'd love to see where this project will go.