Author Topic: Vagante - A roguelite action adventure platformer [free alpha]  (Read 1505 times)

Vagante is an upcoming indie title, a mix of the action, adventure, platforming, and rougelite genres. The game features randomly generated dungeons filled with deadly and surprising traps with a fog of war mechanic, variable items and weaponry, and of course the signature mystery potions that fill most roguelikes. The easiest comparison to make is Spelunky with RPG elements, but it also gets inspiration from Castlevania, Metroid, Dark Souls, and Stone Soup. The game is currently in alpha and has 3 playable characters with different skills and starting items, and allows you to play 4 levels each with its own boss (you can keep going afterwards). You can download it for free from its IndieDB page.

If you would like an idea of what to expect you can watch Indie Impressions - Vagante (uses a somewhat older version of the game), but you could download and make several attempts yourself in the time it takes to watch the whole thing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:12:25 PM by Regulith »

This looks promising

and neat

I think it looks more like Rogue Legacy!

From the video it looks a bit like Catacomb Kids

Vagante is now on Kickstarter and Greenlight, I'm not planning on backing or following the development but I felt I should bump this one last time to mention it

The alpha/demo has also been updated with a Mage character, a new level, new items, and local co-op

To be honest I think this guy's asking for quite a lot of money on Kickstarter and I don't see it reaching the goal with the current level of exposure, but maybe it'll make it on Steam sometime in the future

It looks like a copy of Terraria

It looks like a copy of Terraria

That's the second time I've seen someone say that and I have absolutely no idea how anyone could ever make that comparison

Like I cannot see a single similarity beyond having random generation

"iT'S 2D WITH PIXEL TERRAIN IT MUST BE TERRARIA CLONE"

"iT'S 2D WITH PIXEL TERRAIN IT MUST BE TERRARIA CLONE"

check urself terraria is just mario clone

I actually think I understand now, I hadn't watched the official trailer until now and it does a really bad job of showing what the game is really like, and what it does show looks very much like Terraria

In reality the games are completely dissimilar

Yeah I've played an earlier version of this but I am following up on development. I will try and back this but I don't see it meeting the goal, especially since a lot of the backer rewards are US only.

check urself terraria is just mario clone
mario is unoriginal as forget too. it blatantly rips off the cathode ray tube amusement device!