Author Topic: How I fix this bug?  (Read 1838 times)

I need help with jalopy faces glow buggy so how I rid it I noticed it has glow faces when the shaders is on?

Front

Rear

With shader:

Without shader:

I've had this situation too several times. Sometimes it helped when I imported it as an obj instead of legacy mesh format on blender. It could also be something on the model or export settings that's doing this.

Are the normals on your model properly oriented? It seems that Blockland thinks they are facing in the direction of the sun and applying proper light to them.

properly oriented?

In blender, select your mesh, go to edit mode, and press "n".  In the sidebar that has opened up, under the "Mesh Display" tab there are two toggles under the word "Normals".  Click the one on the right which is a cube with a face selected.  The lines that you see on your mesh are "normal lines" and they designate which side of the face "faces outward", and therefore which side proper shading should be applied to.  If any of the normal lines are on the faces that are messed up in the pictures you supplied, then you have normal issues and can either manually flip the normals, or fix them by selecting your entire mesh and pressing "ctrl n", which recalculates the normals.  That usually works, but if not, go back and fix remaining normals.  If all of your normals are fine, then another issue could be that your transparent faces (windows) should be a separate object from the other faces.

actually, I m use blender 2.49 for modelling a 1966 Coronet
here a result:
without Shader:

with Shader:

but how I fix the glow faces bug on it?

Do the same faces glow no matter what direction it faces?

I think its just the specular shader messing with the model here.

Try changing the sun light color to black.