Author Topic: GameConnection::setBlackout(int doFade, int MS) - Not working  (Read 2390 times)

So appearently I want to make them black out when something happens, but it seems it only works through ServerConnection.setBlackout(int doFade, int MS);

Is there any way to make it work?

Is there any way to make it work?

No, it doesn't work. I would assume it triggered a client sided function which did your fade out, but it seems to have been depricated.

Hmm. Why is it blocked? Abusive?

Hmm. Why is it blocked? Abusive?

If that were the case, Whiteout would have also been blocked. It was probably just removed or something.

Is there any way to invert whiteout?

Is there any way to invert whiteout?
Such as slowly getting whiter?

No, I meant inverting the color by some sort of hacky manner (or non-hacky?).

I'm not at my computer right now, but could you make a centerprint, and make the text like size 500 and black? I doubt that would work though.

I'm not at my computer right now, but could you make a centerprint, and make the text like size 500 and black? I doubt that would work though.
Lol, that's an interesting idea.

Font size can only go up to 128

i recall using this function before, I think you can only achieve it client sidedly

i recall using this function before, I think you can only achieve it client sidedly
Yes,
ServerConnection.setBlackout(int doFade, int MS);

If you're aiming to keep this server sided, maybe you could place a black shape over the players eyes. Make sure to set their player datablock to something that can't enter third person. The downside is that you probably wouldn't be able to fade the color out, and it's prone to exploitation, as players could edit the datablock on the client side to regain the ability to enter third person.

Amade's magic mod achieved a blackout by using some big particles around the player's head.

Amade's magic mod achieved a blackout by using some big particles around the player's head.
Of course, then everyone sees them. And it can be somewhat worked around with sneaky tricks.