Surface Pro 2 Resolution Problems [Windows 8.1]

Author Topic: Surface Pro 2 Resolution Problems [Windows 8.1]  (Read 1881 times)

Ok so my Surface Pro 2 supports up to 1920x1080p, hot stuff. except in windowed mode it only supports up to 800x600, sucks richard since it takes a long time to go into full screen like other mediocre computers, or in this case, a tablet. It runs blockland perfectly fine, shaders and all, but I can't take the fact that I can't run it in windowed mode and still have a decent resolution.

also for some reason when I run in full screen, 1920x1080 is almost too big, and it only captures a portion of the top left of the blockland window.

Help?

There is a console command you can use to set a custom resolution, I however don't know it.

But there is an addon that lets you use custom resolutions, its in Dannyboy's Addon thread, should be the top one.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256335.0

I'm assuming what you're talking about is that Blockland doesn't show resolution options higher than 800x600 while in windowed mode.

Go into windowed mode, and type setRes(1920,1080); or whatever you want the resolution to be in the console.

Thanks guys, I'll try both of these.

Will I have to use setres everytime I start Blockland?

I get this same error with both methods

Seems for some reason your graphic driver is reporting your desktop resolution is being much lower than it actually is. Try doing a driver update.

Just tried it, no dice.

It says the max is 1273x690 which fills up the entirety of the screen, which is larger than I need, so I'll just set it to 1200x600 which is fine.

That image is 1920x1080 so it's capable of such

How well does that thing handle games? Can you use BL shaders?

The Surface 2 Pro uses the onboard graphics of an i5, so it's safe to assume that it cannot use shadows. It probably otherwise handles the game just fine, I was able to run Blockland on my Dell Venue 8 Pro, which is an absurdly lower model in comparison to this.

How well does that thing handle games? Can you use BL shaders?
Unfortunately no, but it runs great on minimum. People post videos on youtube of them running Skyrim and BF3 and stuff with max settings, so it's great for those games. I had the opportunity to buy a Surface Pro 3 but I really disliked the changes they made.

Here's some more in-depth specs for comparison: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/surface-pro-2-specs

Unfortunately no, but it runs great on minimum. People post videos on youtube of them running Skyrim and BF3 and stuff with max settings, so it's great for those games. I had the opportunity to buy a Surface Pro 3 but I really disliked the changes they made.

Damn, tablets are now far more powerful than my everyday laptop. Thanks.